Remote start install help. Tach wire tap issues

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
mohlenbrock1997
Car: 2004 Nissan Altima 3.5L SE package

I have a 2004 Nissan Altima with a 3.5 engine and SE package. I recently installed a remote start and have been having some issues with the install. After tapping into my tach wire (so the remote starter can know if the vehicle has started) I received a service engine soon light with the code P0725 otherwise know as Engine speed signal. After I disconnect the wire I tapped into with and clear the code it does not come back. Then as soon as I reconnect it I get the code again. Is there another wire I could tap into? Am I doing something wrong as far as how i'm tapping into the wire? I have tried the way that the starters company says to do (bulldog security deluxe 500 starter) along with soldering it in and using a scotch lock. At this point I have exhausted my resources and would greatly appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance

Chris

sbeeramg
Car: Nissan Altima 2004

Hi Chris, If possible can you please send me the remote installation instructions for altima? Thanks in advance.

sbeeramg
Car: Nissan Altima 2004

Hi Chris, If possible can you please send me the remote installation instructions for altima? Thanks in advance.

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”