Remote start for Q, 98 and up

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
KU4FIZE
Car: Infiniti Q45

I saw u guys talking about the remote start and came across this on ebay. I dont know if it will work or no. Check it out and share your opinion please.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...69960

qship96
Car: 1996 Q45

check out consumers guide mag. this month,they just tested a boatload of remote starters-from low end to the high end.

qsiguy
Car: 1994 Infiniti Q45 Turbo

If you're car has the transponder key you will need this device or something comperable. There are several on the market. They require you to provide a spare transponder key to put inside the bypass module so the car thinks the key is inserted. Then that loop shown in the photo gets installed around your ignition switch and sends the transponder signal to your computer whenever you are attempting to remote start your vehicle.

We usually use a programmed but uncut key so if someone figured out you had that in there they couldn't pull the key and start your car! If it's a key you already have you might concider grinding off the keyed part. If you dont' want to ruin your key (as they are spendy) just conceal it well and make it difficult to ever get out.

If it goes for that price, that's not a bad deal. I sell them retail for $50 min. added to the alarm price plus extra install.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”