remote door lock no longer honks

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
munkymonkjr
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S FWD

Hi guys, got a bit of a problem, will probably go to the dealer to get it checked out in the next few days, but first I want to see if anyone else had something like this happen.

Basically, as you know standard operation is you press the LOCK on the key and the headlights flash twice (or is that for unlock?) and it honks. For unlock is just flashes the lights (twice?) w/o a honk.

All of a sudden for the last few days the behavior is like this:LOCK: headlights flash, no soundUNLOCK: doors open, but no headlights flashing / sounds, etc. PANIC: works as intended.

now, I am assuming its an electrical problem somewhere, also assuming it better be covered under warranty.

At least maybe while at the dealer I can also get my passenger airbag sensor checked out

philipa_240sx

There isn't a problem with your vehicle. Please read page 3-8 of your owners manual regarding changing of the 'locking modes' and the horn chirp:

Quote »Setting hazard indicator and horn mode:This vehicle is set in hazard indicator and horn mode when you first receive the vehicle.

In hazard indicator and horn mode, when the LOCK button is pushed, the hazard indicator flashes twice and the horn chirps once. When the UNLOCK button is pushed, the hazard indicator flashes once.

If hazard indicator and horn mode is not necessary, you can switch to hazard indicator only mode by following the switching procedure. In hazard indicator only mode, when the LOCK button is pushed, the hazard indicator flashes twice. When the UNLOCK button is pushed, neither the hazard indicator nor the horn operates.

Switching procedure:Push the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously for more than 2 seconds to switch from one mode to the other. When pushing the buttons to set hazard indicator only mode, the hazard indicator flashes 3 times. When pushing the buttons to set hazard indicator and horn mode, the hazard indicator flashes once and the horn chirps once.[/quote]

munkymonkjr
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S FWD

ha!

thanks man.

my bro borrowed the car for a day to take his friends skiing, and when it came back it was ugh...yeah thats why i was like but all is good now

well, actually i might still go to get my airbag checked out, i officially didn't get a recall notice but it behaves strangely, every single time i have my friend sit there who is 6'2" ~180lbs the light comes on.

2009 Indigo Blue
Car: Indigo Blue 2009 Rogue S FWD

There was a time out of the blue that my car didn't honk when I pressed the door lock button. As I was thinking of reasons why, I checked to make sure all 4 doors were locked...then, I soon checked to see if my trunk door was closed securely & it wasn't. It's honked after I shut it securely.

BTW, I never noticed the headlights light up too, but if you say so.

Return to “Rogue Forum”