Remote Car Starter

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
M35Xloaded
Car: M35X

Well here comes winter. for all the "Cool" features of the keyless start I sure would like remote start for My M35X!!!! Has anyone investigated or even had a remote car starter added to their M yet?? I know it can be done it probably requires some add on modules for proper trigger etc. I did a forum search but it didnt come back with much info. If anyone has researched this please fill us in!! Thanks a bunch

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

M35Xloaded wrote:Well here comes winter. for all the "Cool" features of the keyless start I sure would like remote start for My M35X!!!! Has anyone investigated or even had a remote car starter added to their M yet?? I know it can be done it probably requires some add on modules for proper trigger etc. I did a forum search but it didnt come back with much info. If anyone has researched this please fill us in!! Thanks a bunch
Welcome to NICO!

In terms of remote starters, how much did you want to spend?

The reason I ask is that the one I would recommend does much more than remote start. It also has a car theft tracking system, location on demand, engine disable, etc. This can also be done very remotely (using your cellphone or over the Internet) too!

It is called the Viper GPS Tracking. The following is a link to the product (note: the company I work for provides the network for this product): http://www.directed.com/security/viper/gps.asp .

Z

IM4UMIA
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 Sport

Is this the install you're suggesting? Viper 560XV MSRP $439.99

I ask only because I am having trouble understanding the various product packages listed on that site.

Thanks.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

IM4UMIA wrote:Is this the install you're suggesting? Viper 560XV MSRP $439.99

I ask only because I am having trouble understanding the various product packages listed on that site.

Thanks.
I actually mean these: http://www.directed.com/security/viper/GPS1020.asp or http://www.directed.com/security/viper/GPS210V.asp. I am familiar with the 1020 and have not seen the 210V.

The 560XV is just a short-range remote start. It does not have the tracking or GPS location ability, etc.

Note: the 1020 is a bit of an expensive product, but, like I mentioned, it does a heck of a lot more than just remote start. I am not saying that it is exactly what was asked about in the original post, but that it has that feature along with a lot of other capabilities! Which you may or may not want, of course, so please do check out the features before you spring for it. Of course, the remote start in the 1020 is based on a cellular technology and may not be what you want either.

I can tell you this, though. If your car were stolen, the recovery rate for the 1020 equipped cars is outstanding, since the car can be tracked! We have broken a number of car theft rings as a result of finding cars in chop shops.

In Mexico, some insurers will only insure high-end expensive cars if similar systems are installed (using my company's network.) In a recent month, 40 cars equipped with our system in Mexico were stolen and 39 were recovered intact - this was far superior to other thefts without our system, where the recovery rate was zero!

Z

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”