Relocate MAFS on KA/T?

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
Projex240
Car: Dogs , My RIDE

regardless of temp--the MAF should read the air entering the motor rather than whats entering the inlet of the turbo. I like blow-through MAFS.--BWAHAHAHAHA

NO really. The blow-through has been used on DSM with a translaters and makes power--but this hasnt been proven or seen on a KA yet.

PMan_S13
Car: Building car -> breaking car -> fixing car -> start over

There's plenty to speculate about.. but in my opinion, even though i sue it, the blow through does have it's downfalls.

One being that the MAF wasn't designed for blow through, and if you're using stock, even for any type of turbo pressure anyway. So they will bust to pieces if you are planning on running a lot of boost. I'd say if you want more than 15psi you need to be running a stronger maf or find a way to strengthen the maf itself.

Another thing is blow through is usually reading hottter air. Not a big issue, but it will eventually cause the MAF to fail. Might take like 100,000 miles at WOT for this to occur though...

And the biggest downfall is that the turbo, once it gets some miles under it's belt, is going to start spitting oil. Take a look in the intake pipes of a turbo volvo at the junkyard. Disgusting. A maf will not read properly if its element is covered in all that sludge.

But there are plenty of positive effects, enough for me to choose it over pull through.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”