reliability in question

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
gdylanc

I just purchased my first nissan, an '01 SE 4x4 with 70k this weekend and had the unfortunate experience of failing my emmissions test. Thanks to all who posted on this topic, its been very helpful so far. This truck will be my transportation for a several month excursion through Mexico and central America beginning this July. As the trip draws closer, Im becoming more concerned about safety. I figure that Im most vunerable if Im broken down on the side of the road somewhere, so Id like to avoid it at all costs. Besides the o2 sensors (hopefully), I think the car runs great, but are there any other problematic issues that I should be aware of and prevent? Where's the best place to buy a safari style roof rack? Thanks for any help you all can provide. Dylan

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Welcome to NICO dylan!!!!!

honestly I dont think your pathfinder is going to let you down... I dont know why you question the reliability, failing emissions generally doesnt have much to do with overall reliability..... Most things we've sene on the pathfinder are annoying--- they dont really cause the car to be non-driveable....

I guess what you could do is take it to the nissan dealer, have them do a once over (pay them for 1 hrs labor) and tell them to find ANYTHING and EVERYTHING wrong with the vehicle.. have them compile a laundry list, if you will. You can then post that list onto the forum and we can review it to see if anything needs attention!

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”