Regular Brakes vs. ABS

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
kmil123
Car: Jaguar X-Type

I would like to get the SL/w Convenience Pkg but can't..........sooooo, say something to make me feel good and comfortable WITHOUT ABS brakes. I know each brake system has their pluses and minues, however I'd like to collect enough info from you in order to feel OK about the regular brakes. You just gotta know that once we get our SL without ABS, Nissan will probably have the convenience package and ABS available on the SL.

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

Non-ABS brakes CAN (but don't always) stop faster in unpacked snow and perfectly dry pavement.

However, the chance of losing control during hard braking is much higher without ABS, especially on slick surfaces such as snow, glare/black ice, and "spring" rains (where the rain brings oil from the road surface to the top of its own surface).

I'm sorry if I am about to say something that won't help in the slightest:

As much as I love ABS, I'm not sure I'd give up the convenience package for it. I use the bluetooth multiple times per day, I have gone ahead and installed the Nissan-OEM satellite package, and I just can't say enough about the iKey.

toby

I've got the SL, no ABS, and over 5,000 miles on the car, driving 140 miles per day give or take. I've had a few hard braking moments, but noticed no difference than when I had ABS with my last car. So I'd say don't worry... You'll likely never notice you don't have it.

OKVersa
Car: Nissan Versa

I had a SUV stop suddenly in front of me in the city, going about 40, and I stopped with no problems, no skidding. Yes, it was on dry pavement, but I was shocked how smooth it stopped.

kmil123

Thanks for the hand holding!

kmil123

Again, thanks for the hand holding. Now if I can just sell my 2002 Jaguar X-Type with under 25,000 miles/auto & excellent condition. Interested: email me at: [email protected]

Return to “Versa General Chat”