Regular 2002/2003 Sentra slow compared to 89 240sx?

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

Hi, I was driving my sister's Sentra (either 2002 or 2003, automatic, and base line model) home the other weekend and it feels considerable slow and laggy for a new car. I know that "feeling" is not a very good explanation or justification, but I'm wondering if this is true of most stock Sentra's or is there something wrong with her car. Other than that, everything seems fine (no CEL or leaky fluids or anything).

My 240 isn't stock anymore, but even then I don't recall it being as slow.

Just curious and bored, so thought I'd ask .

Thanks

Duckmeister
Car: 2004 Sentra 1.8S

The Base Sentra is slow. Albeit slower than the 89 240. But the car does come alive and gets really fun with a manual.

nametakennow
Car: '06 MINI Cooper S

Sentras are notorious for feeling really slow with autos. Once you throw in a manual tranny, they get peppier.

However, it was a base model, it's not designed for any pep at all. A 1.8S might have a little better pop, an SE-R will have more, and well... sorry to bust everyone's bubble, but I'd venture to say that the 00-01 SEs are the king of the B15s... 100lbs+ lighter and dyno just 10ish hp less than the SE-Rs... but those last two are just my thoughts... not like there's enough of us to start a war here anyway.

onosqv
Car: '92 240sx Vert

Cool, thanks for the replies, I just wanted to make sure nothing is mechanically wrong w/ my sister's car (been through a couple accidents).

I'm planning on doing basic upgrades to that car once mine's finished. Intake, header, exhaust - should open that baby up a little . It would be fun working on a car w/ no rust (like mine), hehehe.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”