redline time attack rules??

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
ricers1
Car: 1990 240sx

i may be building my 240 to the redline time attack street tire class rules and i wanted to ask if anyone here would know before i call around to find out this answer.

"4-1.1 Engine upgrades are allowed within the same make and model, i.e. Honda B to Honda K or Subaru 2.0 to Subaru 2.5"

my question is can i use the sr20 in my car being that its still the s13 chassis but technically a different model/name or do i have to stick with the ka because it was the only engine availble in the US model. and technically the only USDM sr20 was in a completly different model

PEZi
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Mitsubishi Racing Edition

can't say for sure... but if you can do a K to B swap in a honda... i don't see the issue

ricers1

im not familiar with hondas, so what is a k to b swap anyways

flohtingPoint
Car: 2004 Z16 Corvette Z06

It'd be "b to k" not "k to b". B was the motor series in the civic/integ before the k motor. It's probably part of "update/backdate". If that is the case, SR's will NOT be covered in that, as they were not sold in American cars. Post a link to the rules and we'll see what the deal is.

ricers1

http://redlinetimeattack.com/ul/files/R ... kRules.pdf

section 4 street tire class starts on page 36

flohtingPoint

Before going through with your build, I'd write or call the sanctioning board and explain your situation. Make sure to stipulate that you want to swap in a motor from a different country that is part of the same "model" but under a different badge name. It'd be a shame to build a car only to get protested.

I read the whole rule book and why not run in the Enthusiast class?

ricers1

Mainly because you can't have forced induction. Or at least aftermarket. I don't remember off the top of my head. Street tire gives me more room to modify stuff too
You pretty much need a stock or near stock engine in that class and a KA isn't that powerful as the compition could have newer higher hp cara

flohtingPoint

ricers1 wrote:Mainly because you can't have forced induction. Or at least aftermarket. I don't remember off the top of my head. Street tire gives me more room to modify stuff too
You pretty much need a stock or near stock engine in that class and a KA isn't that powerful as the compition could have newer higher hp cara
So there are no multipliers or PAX to gauge cars? Sounds kinda bogus and cheesy. Ever think about club racing? The Improved Touring category is pretty good and allows you some modifications but will also keep costs down.

ricers1

I'm sure there is. I'm going to be doing more styles of racing then just time attack but that is what I would like to do the most. And I assume their rules conform to other events. Or at least most

flohtingPoint

ricers1 wrote:I'm sure there is. I'm going to be doing more styles of racing then just time attack but that is what I would like to do the most. And I assume their rules conform to other events. Or at least most
SCCA offers time trials, as does NASA. These organizations set the benchmark for build configurations.

MrTimeAttack

For Street Tire Class you are allowed to install an sr20 motor in your vehicle. Since the engine was available in that chassis somewhere in the world for that model year, you are good to go! Feel free to call us with any other questions you may have. We'd love to see you at one of our events!

Nikolas
Co-Founder & President

ricers1

sweet, probs going with a turbo ka though, hoping 2011 season, and try out the new jerzey event

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”