REDLINE TIME ATTACK 2007 Season Update

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
redline dan
Car: 1990 q45, 1991 240sx, 1990 240sx, 1992 240sx

Hey its Dan Houser from Redline and you will be seeing me on here much more in the near future. I am looking for some people in each region where we are having events to help promote the events on a local level. In exchange you will get something back in return.....you work a little you get a little. you work alot, you get track time......anyhow here is a little update...Oh by the way i also write for Nissan Sport Magazine in case you read that as well.

- REDLINE TIME ATTACK announces 7 Time Attack events for 2007

California Speedway Feb 10-11th w/ Modified TunerChallenge Weekend. Buttonwillow April 28-29th with Circuit Life event St Eustache Montreal June 2-3rd with Circuit Life / Circuit Drift Atlanta Motor Speedway Aug 25-26st with Circuit Life and Circuit Drift Summit Point Sept 29-30th with Circuit Life and Circuit Drift Laguna Seca Nov 10-11th with Circuit Life and Special Events one more event at Gateway Speedway in St Louis to be announced

Circuit Life - Track life at its best.Car Show featuring 9 classes including an Old School Japanese Class as well as special sectioned parking for club/ forums. Circuit Life Show Participants get cruise laps on the track and winners get a shot at top magazine coverage.

Circuit Tech - The fastest way to improve both your knowledge and your car. Circuit Tech seminars are put on by some of the best in the Performance Industry with topics such as Brake Pad compound choice, Tire compound choice, spring and shock rates and other key information.

Circuit Drift - brings the excitement of drifting to select events during lunch and at the end of the days events. Top teams scheduled to appear.

Media coverage like no other with coverage of 2007 by S3 Magazine, C16 Magazine, Nissan Sport Magazine, TPR Magazine, Modified Magazine, Modified Mustang, Drift & RWD Sport Magazine and Luxury & Exotic Magazine. We will also be working with Joey from Slide America and developing a dvd covering the 2007 action.

Drivers Scheduled to appear during 2007 include Gunnar Jeanette, Tom Milner JR, Chris Cook, Billy Johnson, Tanner Foust, Tyler McQuarrie, Tarzan, Mark Daddio, Casper Canul and more.

Redline Time Attack is open to professional and novice drivers. IF this is your first track weekend then you MUST run on Saturday and be signed off before competing on Sunday in the TIME ATTACK portion of the weekend. Redline offers classroom instruction on Saturday and driver coaching is available as well. Our manufactuers midway is ever growing with booths at our first event at California Speedway from Drifting Pretty, ACT Clutch, Kognition Composites, JIC Magic, Toyo, Hankook, Hawk Brakes, Extreme Autofest, RPS Turbo Clutch, Dromo One, S3 Magazine, C16 Magazine, Modified Magazine, Skunk2, Cusco, Formula D(maybe) and more....

Come be part of the Buzz.....Time Attack by Redline California Speedway Feb 10-11th...............................

We also will be doing several Track Days in California and the Northeast in 2007 watch for more details.

thanks

Dan

If you want to be part of the regional promotions team email me...at [email protected]

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

redline dan wrote:Hey its Dan Houser from Redline and you will be seeing me on here much more in the near future. I am looking for some people in each region where we are having events to help promote the events on a local level. In exchange you will get something back in return.....you work a little you get a little. you work alot, you get track time......anyhow here is a little update...Oh by the way i also write for Nissan Sport Magazine in case you read that as well.

- REDLINE TIME ATTACK announces 7 Time Attack events for 2007

California Speedway Feb 10-11th w/ Modified TunerChallenge Weekend. Buttonwillow April 28-29th with Circuit Life event St Eustache Montreal June 2-3rd with Circuit Life / Circuit Drift Atlanta Motor Speedway Aug 25-26st with Circuit Life and Circuit Drift Summit Point Sept 29-30th with Circuit Life and Circuit Drift Laguna Seca Nov 10-11th with Circuit Life and Special Events one more event at Gateway Speedway in St Louis to be announced

Circuit Life - Track life at its best.Car Show featuring 9 classes including an Old School Japanese Class as well as special sectioned parking for club/ forums. Circuit Life Show Participants get cruise laps on the track and winners get a shot at top magazine coverage.

Circuit Tech - The fastest way to improve both your knowledge and your car. Circuit Tech seminars are put on by some of the best in the Performance Industry with topics such as Brake Pad compound choice, Tire compound choice, spring and shock rates and other key information.

Circuit Drift - brings the excitement of drifting to select events during lunch and at the end of the days events. Top teams scheduled to appear.

Media coverage like no other with coverage of 2007 by S3 Magazine, C16 Magazine, Nissan Sport Magazine, TPR Magazine, Modified Magazine, Modified Mustang, Drift & RWD Sport Magazine and Luxury & Exotic Magazine. We will also be working with Joey from Slide America and developing a dvd covering the 2007 action.

Drivers Scheduled to appear during 2007 include Gunnar Jeanette, Tom Milner JR, Chris Cook, Billy Johnson, Tanner Foust, Tyler McQuarrie, Tarzan, Mark Daddio, Casper Canul and more.

Redline Time Attack is open to professional and novice drivers. IF this is your first track weekend then you MUST run on Saturday and be signed off before competing on Sunday in the TIME ATTACK portion of the weekend. Redline offers classroom instruction on Saturday and driver coaching is available as well. Our manufactuers midway is ever growing with booths at our first event at California Speedway from Drifting Pretty, ACT Clutch, Kognition Composites, JIC Magic, Toyo, Hankook, Hawk Brakes, Extreme Autofest, RPS Turbo Clutch, Dromo One, S3 Magazine, C16 Magazine, Modified Magazine, Skunk2, Cusco, Formula D(maybe) and more....

Come be part of the Buzz.....Time Attack by Redline California Speedway Feb 10-11th...............................

We also will be doing several Track Days in California and the Northeast in 2007 watch for more details.

thanks

Dan

If you want to be part of the regional promotions team email me...at [email protected]
Hi Dan, can you post a web address so we can learn more about Redline Time Attack? They sound like fun events for both participants and spectators I've met a couple guys from Induktion (thru the Audi Club) who I believe have competed at some of your eastern events.

redline dan

ooopppssss http://www.timeattack.com as well as http://www.redlinetrackevents.com or for coverage go to http://www.modified.com and soon C16 and S3 magazine online.

if you have questions please email me at [email protected] we would love a nic meet at the event. someone or anyone who may be interested in a meet within the california speedway event let me know. I can guarantee coverage from Nissan Sport Magazine.

Thanks dan

sr20goofus

I may try to attend and compete in the Summit Point event in september, ill have to see what class i fit in , to see how bad ill be beat

they always sound like fun....i just enjoy the track time more than anything...so cost/benefit is my main concern.

*EDIT*$240 for one day$420 for 2 days....

count me out, HPDE's are way less than that + more track time...sorry
Modified by sr20goofus at 7:18 PM 1/16/2007

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

sr20goofus wrote:I may try to attend and compete in the Summit Point event in september, ill have to see what class i fit in , to see how bad ill be beat

they always sound like fun....i just enjoy the track time more than anything...so cost/benefit is my main concern.

*EDIT*$240 for one day$420 for 2 days....

count me out, HPDE's are way less than that + more track time...sorry

Modified by sr20goofus at 7:18 PM 1/16/2007
I agree with you, it's hard to beat HPDE for bang for the buck on lap time, but the HPDE emphasis is on education.

But if you are interested in seeing how competitive you are without banging fenders, like with NASA, I think timed events like this look reasonable. I suspect the level of competition is pretty high. Perhaps their website will show some of the winning times at Summit by class, which would give you an idea how close you are.

redline dan

i agree but what your both not understanding is this is a big event with SEMA,magazine, and TV involved. On top of that California Speedway is like double the cost if not more to run an event at. Our Summit Point weekend was like 300.00 and regular track days are less. You get an average of 2-3 hours of track time with a saturday time attack weekend practice day or a regular track day. Each event is priced according to the cost of renting the track. To give you an idea 30 grand doesnt even cover the cost of the track for the weekend.....at california speedway.

redline dan...watch for a NICO announcement on this event.....

nismofly
Car: 89 S13 Hatch

im looking forward to running but i wont be able to this year

i thought you guys were going to run beaverun? i need an event closer to NY than summit...

watkins glen perhaps?

frsh13
Car: 1991 240sx coupe

Where are the east coast time attacks?

sr20goofus

frsh13 wrote:Where are the east coast time attacks?
Atlanta MotorSpeedway and Summit Point

If the summit event does in deed have that much track time and its around the $300 cost your saying it is, i am more than willling to reconsider it. I am currently moving int oan all solo group as it is, and i have never been on the Shanendoah Circuit at Summit, so maybe it would be worth my time to go out there and do terrible .

Lroi
Car: 1990 240sx

pencil me in for summit point! also...why no Beaverun this year?

redline dan

were doing larger facilities as asked by the manufacturers involved near metro areas with a larger spectator base. We will be adding track days / lapping days on the east coast soon at Summit Point and possibly BeaverRun or another facility. This program will also be growing to support the time attack series.

dan

nismofly

lol summit point is farther from major metro areas than a couple other east coast tracks, buttonwillow too

all the old school tracks are out in the middle of nowhere but worth the drive, watkins glen is a nicer facility than pretty much anything else in the northeast, except maybe beaverun, but because they used to build them out in the middle of nowhere its a good 2 hours from any major metro area

sr20goofus

Beaverun is smooth, but oh so short....VIR, CMP, Road Atlanta are all larger more professional tracks....i think these TA's should do more events on on our side of the country...

nismofly

watkins glen is way smooth too, probably moreso than VIR...and at 3.4 miles with a lot of elevation change its a good fun lap too

not like im biased or anything

jaboc03
Car: 92 Nissan 240SX coupe w/ sr20det

I am interested in the Gateway event in St. Louis. I would attend and if possible compete. But as another person said, this would all depend on how much it would cost to race.

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

nismofly wrote:watkins glen is way smooth too, probably moreso than VIR...and at 3.4 miles with a lot of elevation change its a good fun lap too

not like im biased or anything
The Summit Point event is on the new Shenandoah circuit, which is also pretty easy on the tires. It's a very technical course with less than optimal run off room. But because its so twisty, lower horsepower cars would probably fare better there than at the Glen

sr20goofus

Bubba1 wrote:The Summit Point event is on the new Shenandoah circuit, which is also pretty easy on the tires. It's a very technical course with less than optimal run off room. But because its so twisty, lower horsepower cars would probably fare better there than at the Glen
Shanendoah track is good times unles syou have turbo lag, then you may not be such a fan. I do think i may do this event due to the amount of track time, only time will tell.

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

sr20goofus wrote:
Shanendoah track is good times unles syou have turbo lag, then you may not be such a fan. I do think i may do this event due to the amount of track time, only time will tell.
I understand what you mean. There are some really fun sections at Shenandoah. I think I've grown to like it more than SP's main circuit.

sr20goofus

Bubba1 wrote:
I understand what you mean. There are some really fun sections at Shenandoah. I think I've grown to like it more than SP's main circuit.
whoa whoa whoa Bubba1......more than Main? thats like saying VIR Patriot is more fun than VIR Full..... more technical? oh yes, but more fun? Personally i enjoy the high speed from the straits the awkward Left T5 and of course watching people spin out on the T6-T8 set when they are trying to correct too much.

Shanendoah is fun no doubt, but more than Main, i guess we will see more from my opinion come September....i believe i will do the event, and beign that i still have my door panels, and center console...conveniently enough i will be in Modified and not unlimited....YAY!!! tho i dont care for the competition, just the track time....and i will continue to say that even if it seems untrue at times..

Bubba1
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

sr20goofus wrote:
whoa whoa whoa Bubba1......more than Main? thats like saying VIR Patriot is more fun than VIR Full..... more technical? oh yes, but more fun? Personally i enjoy the high speed from the straits the awkward Left T5 and of course watching people spin out on the T6-T8 set when they are trying to correct too much.

Shanendoah is fun no doubt, but more than Main, i guess we will see more from my opinion come September....i believe i will do the event, and beign that i still have my door panels, and center console...conveniently enough i will be in Modified and not unlimited....YAY!!! tho i dont care for the competition, just the track time....and i will continue to say that even if it seems untrue at times..
I guess we have different perspectives. I'd love to hear about your experience at this event.

The SP main has it's charms, don;t get me wrong. The T5-T9 sequence is among my favorites and the course has a nice rythmn to it. I like it enough to do the main at least once per year, but I wish Bill Scott would invest a little money into the surface on the main. The 5 different surfaces make it challenging (especially in the rain) but it's pretty rough on the car

Shenandoah is also still pretty new to me. So right now, I find it more appealing because I learn more each time I run it. Shenandoah forces you to concentrate more as it's more technical, plus has more turns. And since I'm more of a turns guy than a straightaway guy, that feeds my addiction.

The downside to Shenandoah, besides the disturbing lack of runoff in some areas, is that it's a more difficult track to teach to a 1st timer, (main is far easier). There are less areas for a student to take a deap breath or discuss whats going on. But it's a wonderful advanced students circuit.

I think if I were racing, the Main would be better and safer, because it's more wide open, more areas to pass, and more forgiving if you go off. (Who hasn't gone straight after the chute ). But given a choice to drive (in an HPDE environment), I find the Shenandoah more fun than the main.

Thoughts?

sr20goofus

Bubba1 wrote:I guess we have different perspectives. I'd love to hear about your experience at this event.

The SP main has it's charms, don;t get me wrong. The T5-T9 sequence is among my favorites and the course has a nice rythmn to it. I like it enough to do the main at least once per year, but I wish Bill Scott would invest a little money into the surface on the main. The 5 different surfaces make it challenging (especially in the rain) but it's pretty rough on the car

Shenandoah is also still pretty new to me. So right now, I find it more appealing because I learn more each time I run it. Shenandoah forces you to concentrate more as it's more technical, plus has more turns. And since I'm more of a turns guy than a straightaway guy, that feeds my addiction.

The downside to Shenandoah, besides the disturbing lack of runoff in some areas, is that it's a more difficult track to teach to a 1st timer, (main is far easier). There are less areas for a student to take a deap breath or discuss whats going on. But it's a wonderful advanced students circuit.

I think if I were racing, the Main would be better and safer, because it's more wide open, more areas to pass, and more forgiving if you go off. (Who hasn't gone straight after the chute ). But given a choice to drive (in an HPDE environment), I find the Shenandoah more fun than the main.

Thoughts?
shan. circuit is more technical, and more driver involved due to the complexity and the more challenging the more fun usually. i do like how smooth it is with the exception of the drop into the bowl its a lil scary the first few times, almost like driving off a small curb at speed .

SP Main is fun for me, not because of the straits....but because of the high speed overall, like VIR Grand...combination of technical and high speed, but SP Main is rough, old, constently changing, and even ovre repaired in areas, but thats aprt of the fu nfor me, the learnign teh lines thorugh rough areas to help keep my car on track when its bumpign all over the place, even the smoothest tracks are too smooth at times, i like the variety.

My only time of at Summit was when my foot slipped off the brake commign into T1 while i was trying to revmatch for a downshift....it was only for a fraction of a second, but i ended up with my rear wheels just into the stones...wasnt too scarey since i was almost slow enough to still force the turn but decided to go strait......

i have seen MANY spin offs at the chute...i guess somehow i have a decent line in there without getting too carried away with late braking. I do tend to go all out at Summit, but i have the leats offs there compared to other tracks...just luck prolly...i say give it time, more will come when i switch to Group 3 this year...yay...

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”