Recording to the music box w/o listening to the entire CD?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Kenike
Car: EX AWD

Okay, I have read all of the posts when I searched this forum.

The comments that the whole CD will record in 10 minutes (4 songs) is not holding true for me.

I found these comments on another website. I DO NOT see a progress in the lower corner. My little record "red dot" stays on the entire cd. What have I not set? I thought I turned on the auto record function

Quote from 1st post:Remember that it rips the CD to the Music Box in under 10 minutes, so pretty well as fast as you burn them you can RIP them to the G35. The easiest way is to set the Music box to AUTO-RIP when inserted. After you insert the record indictor will light and you will see the progress 10/18..11/18..12/18 etc. when the record light stop. Pop that plate and move on. Quote from 2nd post:Also, if you are listening to the CD as it is being ripped, you will notice in the lower left corner a progress indicator; it will save 1/10 (if the CD has 10 tracks, for example), then 2/10, 3/10, etc. Once that completes you are free to change tracks, etc. Like adamr001 said, it usually finishes for me around the 3rd song, maybe the 4th if it's a full CD.

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Kenike wrote:Okay, I have read all of the posts when I searched this forum.
Just to confirm ... have you checked out these related threads?Music Box QuestionCF Card Player
Kenike wrote:The comments that the whole CD will record in 10 minutes (4 songs) is not holding true for me.
About how long does it take? While it's recording you can select a different audio source, such as the radio, if you like.
Kenike wrote:I DO NOT see a progress in the lower corner.
Where (and if) this shows up depends upon the mode in which your display is set. I believe it's displayed if you press the "STATUS" button (sorry, can't recall exactly where).

When your screen is similar to the right-most screenshot in the Owner's Manual on p4-58, look just above the "STOP" and "Text" buttons and you'll see the string "REC CD" with current-track / total-tracks progress displayed. If your screen looks different than that, pressing the DISC/AUX button while a CD is playing should bring you to that screen.
Kenike wrote:I thought I turned on the auto record function
If you configure as shown on p4-63 of the manual, when you insert a CD, it will start to auto-record. If you already have a CD loaded, it may not have any effect until you eject and re-insert it (haven't tried this myself).

Let me know if any of this helped.

Cheers,David

Kenike
Car: EX AWD

Ugh!!! I need to insert that Homer Simpson DOH ! icon in this post.

I thought I had it on auto record. Obviously I did not, so I tried again and just hit the screen button to record and it did just the way it was supposed to. I was rushing this morning and did not catch that, had more time on the way home and figured it out.

BTW, I have dark hair.

Thank you for your patience with this newbie.

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Hehe ... no problem - NICO is always here to help!!

Cheers,David

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”