Recommended towing/recovery points for 21-23 rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
one_shall_stand
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue Platinum

I see this ($50) for the front: https://parts.nissanusa.com/p/Nissan__/ ... 6RA0A.html
I'm guessing it screws in behind the front bumper cover, which is on my passenger side.

What about the back? That's probably more likely to need an attachment point. I'm most likely to get stuck in a snowbank.

I'm disappointed the manual says NOTHING about this. It just says "call a service if you're stuck". It would be nice to at least say what point(s) the service should use for recovery, and not just guess.

PS: I don't seem to have the above part included with my car. I have the jack and bag with levers, but nothing else.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

They don't usually supply the tow eyes anymore. Once upon a time they did, but nowadays they're considered an accessory. There are bolt positions at the rear for a hitch, your best bet there is probably a set of generic transport hooks bolted into the hitch mounting holes. There is a safe crossmember at the back of the rear subframe on almost all FWD/AWD Nissans, but it's really only suitable for straps and not chains because it's above the bottom of the bumper cover.

one_shall_stand
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue Platinum

FYI I tested that the recovery eye bolt also screws into the back... I don't know why it's labeled as a 'Front' part. It's a substantial bolt, I think it will work fine. Going to keep it in the glove box.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

one_shall_stand wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:29 pm
FYI I tested that the recovery eye bolt also screws into the back... I don't know why it's labeled as a 'Front' part. It's a substantial bolt, I think it will work fine. Going to keep it in the glove box.
That's nice of them, most models don't have anything in back. Maybe someone in Engineering got stuck in a snowbank. ;)

Return to “Rogue Forum”