Recommended Brand ~ Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor (O2 Upstream) ??

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
crosis
Car: 1998 Nissan Quest GLE

Considering replacing the Air/Fuel Ratio Sensors (O2 Sensor Upstream). I've tried a couple aftermarket brands and am experiencing issues. Now, i would prefer not to pay Nissan their extortion rates IF there are alternate cheaper quality items out there.

Just wondering your recommendation on good quality Air/Fuel Ratio Sensors for an '07 Nissan Quest? I've heard good and bad things about NTK, Denso, and Bosch so I'm totally lost. On Rock Auto i see Bosch claiming to be OEM.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The only aftermarket A/F's I've seen with consistently good results on Nissan products is Denso.

crosis
Car: 1998 Nissan Quest GLE

Thanks. Should i also look for products specifically stating "wideband" ? I came across this term for Bosch and NTK only.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

"Wideband" just means it's an A/F (Air/Fuel) sensor and not a traditional HO2S. They work very differently and are not interchangeable. You should always shop for electrical parts using the Nissan/Infiniti part number for googling, not the Make-Model-Year. The latter is an invitation to pulling your hair out. Any part that claims equivalence with the N/I part will be an A/F, whether the ad says wideband or not.

Return to “Quest Forum”