Recent repair quote

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Took my POS deathbox of a Rogue to the local scumbag stealership that rhymes with greed Nissan. They pressured me to get the following done at 28,370 miles:
1) Coolant Flush
2) Brake Pads and rotors (rear brakes)
3) Brake Fluid flush

Only issue is they quoted me $575 OTD for ONLY the brake fluid and brake job, yet they put coolant in Yellow. I got a 2nd opinion from Honda and they said brakes are in yellow so might as well get them taken care of. Knowing they did all the brakes on my MDX (my daily) I had them to keep the RO open, since I will get a better price overall than what the Nissan Dealer is giving me.

I also at home did a quick check on the tires as well. Tires are at 3mm-4mm thread life. Since tires is another safety item, I started shopping around. While Honda had the best deal going on, parents wanted Michelin, which is kinda overpriced for a deathtrap honestly. Got a quote for Michelin X Tour A/S from Costco, but apparently Costco's system diverted it to Michelin Defenders 2 A/S. OTD was $845.26.

However, all this is happening when this vehicle is due for a CVT fluid flush pretty soon. I am currently waiting on the price for the job from Honda, since I will get better price with them. Would like to go the Indie mech route with this vehicle, but parents wants to have the dealer do it.

Also, I was shocked with every single dang Nissan has a $4k USD markup. The sales guy was like $46k OTD without markup for a 23 Rogue SL and was adamant about monthly payments. Said my trade in value for the deathtrap is $16,600 with 28k miles on the ODO.

Lone Wolff
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 5.4L
2010 Ford Fusion SEL

Best way to defeat the dealerships is to do the routine maintenance yourself. They can't pressure you to do anything if you never set foot on their property.
Original long-life coolant will last 5+ years. We got almost 100,000 miles on our 2015 Rogue and I just replaced the OEM brakes 2 weeks ago. They were at 3mm so had a few more miles left on them, but I didn't want to wait any longer. Both of those jobs were not difficult for DIY.

datechboss101

Well, I had Honda take care of the rear brakes, brake fluid and CVT Transmission fluid exchange, and all totaled to be hundreds of dollars cheaper than POS greed Crappsan stealership next door. Now this Saturday, I’m taking the Rogue back in to Honda (they already went ahead and ordered parts) to replace the front brake pads and resurface the front brake rotors as its apparently in horrible condition.

Wanted to have Nissan check the front brakes first, but they gave me an attitude saying didn’t you came in 2 weeks ago, and I told him within that time period, the vehicle has seen at least an additional 1000 miles or so. So I took my Rogue back to Honda and thats when I was informed front rotors are screwed even though pads are like 4mm-5mm.

Now Oil and filter prices — WTF. Honda wants $90 OTD, and the rape stealership (nissan stealership) wants $110. I pay $100 for my MDX, which needs roughly a quart more than the Rogue.

worldbikr
Car: na

I use Wal-Mart oil and filter. $25 diy.

datechboss101

worldbikr wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:31 am
I use Wal-Mart oil and filter. $25 diy.
We use Mobil 1 at WalMart prices. Saves me arm and leg.

Return to “Rogue Forum”