Rear Wiper blade Size

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

So this past friday, I had my wiper blades replaced. Only did I find out that the rear wiper blade was the incorrect size was yesterday while I driving through Avon Park, FL during a heavy down pour, to find out that the wiper blade got stuck at the rear windshield washer fluid nossile. I called few dealers in the Miami-Dade/Broward area and they all pointed fingers back at the dealer in Orlando. The Orlando dealer disconnected my phone call few times until I got a hold of someone from that dealer, and they asked me what they have to do.

So far today, I had my vision of the rear obstructed due to rain water not being wiped off with the wiper blade, which made my drive a bit scary considering of the recent incident of the total of the 2018 Kicks.

So what is the correct size of the rear wiper blade?

phmichel
Car: 2013 Nissan Rogue S AWD
2017 Nissan Quest SV

12"

datechboss101

Update: The Wiper blade broke off out of nowhere while I was driving and it was pouring, and I could not find the wiper blade.

phmichel
2017 Nissan Quest SV

datechboss101 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:06 am
Update: The Wiper blade broke off out of nowhere while I was driving and it was pouring, and I could not find the wiper blade.
Mine did too. See here for an OEM replacement:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

Also - DO NOT pry the arm off the post while pushing on the rear glass. Get a battery terminal puller or something to pull it off or you can break the rear window.

datechboss101

phmichel wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:26 am
datechboss101 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:06 am

Also - DO NOT pry the arm off the post while pushing on the rear glass. Get a battery terminal puller or something to pull it off or you can break the rear window.
I actually have NissanUSA involved and got someone from the upper management of the dealer that screwed up the wiper blade install. So I have to take it back on Friday to get it fixed.

How did you figure out that it breaks the rear glass while prying on the wiper blade?

phmichel
2017 Nissan Quest SV

datechboss101 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:11 pm
phmichel wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:26 am

I actually have NissanUSA involved and got someone from the upper management of the dealer that screwed up the wiper blade install. So I have to take it back on Friday to get it fixed.

How did you figure out that it breaks the rear glass while prying on the wiper blade?
I didn't break my window, if that's what you mean. :chuckle: I saw that as I was prying on the wiper hub the glass was bending. Plus I saw at least one guy here on the forum say he broke his rear window doing this. Hope you get Nissan to cover it all...

datechboss101

phmichel wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:44 pm
datechboss101 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:11 pm

I didn't break my window, if that's what you mean. :chuckle: I saw that as I was prying on the wiper hub the glass was bending. Plus I saw at least one guy here on the forum say he broke his rear window doing this. Hope you get Nissan to cover it all...
Nissan is actually covering it for me.

datechboss101

I got the wiper blade issue fixed. Not sure what the term "internal" means, but they replaced it. Also, we found that there was a decent scratch underneath the top brake light, and very greatful that it didn't damage the paint, as it was easy removed.

Return to “Rogue Forum”