rear window!!

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
240convert

alright guys...this is just an idea but here it goes...

i was walking through walmart today when i was with the woman in the fabrics department...

BOOYA!!! they have some vinyl sheets thats clear and pretty daym thick...

i was like, whaoo...maybe this could be used if someone has a tear in their back window instead of buying a new one...

what do you all think??? go check it out!!!

spinout180

You would have to know how to sew pretty good... and that vinyl does not have the special coating that the rear-window vinyl has to protect it against scratches and the elements, etc... I think I got my entire rear-window replacement for about $135? You would be saving $100 or so but it would probably look pretty bad.

Darren

240convert

yeah i know...i'm just suggesting for someone who has time to do this...and want to mess around...

actually, its only like $4 a square yard...

spinout180

It isn't a bad concept... but judging from the difficulty level of replacing the back window with a made-to-fit solution I can tell you that by the time you were halfway done trying to make the custom solution fit you would be wishing you spent the extra $100.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”