Rear "window" replacement?

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
sillyverts13

hello alli have been cruising nico for quite sometime now and just saw the vert forum addition and had to join. so here i am. anyway my 92 s13 vert has seen some crazy days to say the least.(when i got it, it still had oe spark plugs, fuel filter, ignition wires, and it had 120,00 plus miles)

my question is where could i get a replacement for my back window? it is in poor shape and i feel it is a safety issue. i cant really see whats going on behind me with the top up. if anyone knows where i could get a new one sewn in around so cal please let me know. actually if anyone knows if i could get a replacement anywhere it would be helpfull.

also i am looking for a new passenger side door. i know the vert body is a lil diff and cant use coupe doors as far as structural integrity is concerned.

any help would be greatly appreciated.peace

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

find a reupholstery shop and ask if they can cut the old window out and sew a new replacement in.

some shops said they would have to replace the whole top, but I finally found a shop able to simply cut and sew.

you can use a coupe door, but you'll lose the seat belt. the doors are heavier only because they were reinforced to handle keeping a human being in place during impact.

ramrat

I purchased a new top + an extra window from a ebay seller. I got the top installed and it looks great. Forgot what brand name it was but I think it was someting like ez-top?

I looked at the extra window when I received it a couple of months ago and it is attached to fabric so I am not sure if this window only fits when the new ez-top is on it or if it will fit the original top (if there is a difference). it cost 140ish. Might be an option if you can't get the new window sewn in and your top is still in good shape.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

That ebay seller (search 240sx convertible on ebay) will sell the rear window insert seperately.

IIRC, he said it was $120, and was very nice and responsive to my questions.

spinout180

Yeah, that same eBay guy sold me a rear window section for around $120.00. For an extra $20 you can get a smoked rear window... which I did. When the window showed up I installed it and realized it was not tinted at all. The seller IMMEDIATELY refunded my $20. I am a little bummed that it is not smoked, but I trust the seller.

If you have any questions about installation let me know. It was kinda tough figuring it out the first time (I had to redo part of it) but it isn;t that hard.

Darren

sillyverts13

thanks for all of the feedback, as it turns out this forum has been very helpfull. i went to a reupholstery shop to get a quote but they were closed...

:jazz:

kcir
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx convertable

Yes I need a new rear window in my 1993 convertable..I would grateful if you could tell me how the new one goes in..I thought they were sewen in?? Am I wrong??..Rick

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

you can either replace the whole rear window and stay pad assembly, or a good upholstery shop can cut the old window out and sew a new one in. If you go the route of replacing the whole window and cloth assembly, you'll have to pull the whole top which is no easy chore

spinout180

It wasn't too hard... the entire rear section (window and some fabric all around it) has to be unstapled from the top mechanicals and the new section staples in. The important part is to take your time marking the old one so that your new one goes back in straight and tight!

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”