Rear Wheel Bearing Info

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
NoDrift240
Car: 1995 240sx BEATER moding for fun
MKIV stage 3+ VW GTI 1.8T
Quest HotRod

I have been on the hunt for 300ZX T bearings for my 240sx (Q45 diff conversion), and I have had 3 sets sent to the house; all wrong. I have been digging around and thought that my experience may help someone in the same position.

First lets start with the Bearing info that is needed for the 300ZX T or the Q45. Im going to toss out 1995 or later, but that part I can not confirm or deny so please note that this is just speculation.

The center bore should be 1.811 not the 1.69 that the NON TT versions are

Federal Mogul makes these under "National Wheel End Components" They list the part number as 511011.
Beck Arnley makes these. They list it as part 051-4025
Timken DID list these as 511011, but now that part number is for the NON TT. It has been a pain that they use the same part number for 2 different bearings. posting.php?mode=post&f=315#
Value Pro listed these as well, but again their part number is for the NON T
SKF lists a bearing under 511011 BUT I have not confirmed the center bore.

I have seen them listed for as little as $75, but the part has been the wrong inner bore.

The major name part houses list these for about $500!!!! posting.php?mode=post&f=315#

Any additional info would be great. Feel Free to add.
The BA part can be found for about $250

Heavy
Car: 1992 Mr.Two, 1996 LS4HUNNID, 1999 Appliance on wheels.

nissan sells the rears for the TT for $250-260
http://www.courtesyparts.com/kb_search_ ... 83_976_979

now dont get me wrong swapping in a VLSD is fun but why didnt you just go source a J30 or NA Z32 unit instead with some axles and save yourself a hassle? not to mention $$$$

NoDrift240
Quest HotRod

Um... i didnt do that because the Q diff sounded like a good idea at the time? It was there. I was under the impression that I could buy the bearings for about $80 just like the NA, but it was an error from RockAuto and the manufactures.

Basically after going through the head ache I thought that Id share what I learned. If I could do it again I'd get my head out my tail and use a Z32 diff.

NoDrift240
Quest HotRod

Just an update. I did some more digging and it looks like W0133-1598490 may be a part number that will work. I found it at http://www.autopartsnetwork.com, which I have never used or heard of. When I tried to order 2 it said that they only had one in stock. I Googled the part number and kept getting results for a Q45 and 300zx Turbo so i pulled the trigger. I will update the post if I get the appropriate part.

NoDrift240
Quest HotRod

More updates.

The history to this point:
While spending $250 on a $80 bearing may seem like a reasonable answer for some, it is not at the top of my to do list. If you are looking for your 300zx TT there is no options. So I have contacted several manufactures and I have gotten several different answers. It looks like someone dropped the ball on the specs here. 511011 should be 1.811 inches inner diameter. There is a different part number for the non turbo versions. Having said that many manufactures have taken the Turbo versions out of their catalogs, and others have just stood by the claim that there is no difference.
SKF
GRW311 was an SKF part number that I found along the way, but SKF has removed it from their catalog.
Timken
Timken claims that 511011 is not for the turbo.
Beck-Arnley
Beck Arnley has the correct part number but cost as much as Nissan.
Nissan
They carry it but it ranges from $250 to $300

The actual info:
Precision Automotive (http://www.prec-auto.com)

The Good News
I spoke to the parts manager there, and he did some digging. They also sell the 511011 and they show that it should be 1.81" but the actual part is 1.69". The GREAT news here is that the parts manager has taken the time to correct the issue. They will start to offer a 511011T that is the correct 1.81" bearing.
Precision does not sell to the public, but they do have a great Authorized Retailer: Amazon.com

The Bad News
The bad news is it will not be through production until 9/??/12. That means that the market will see it by years end.

I hope this saves someone a bunch of time and effort. It has taken about 20 phone calls and about 20 hours of my time to get a silver lining to this cloud.
Now that the leg work is done, I am going to start digging for a J30 or a NA 300zx as suggested. and compare the cost to start over vs the cost to move forward.

Omez
Car: Nissan 300ZX TT 91

Any more info on this ?
I found this on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Precision-511011- ... ing+Module

If that is the correct one.
And do anyone know if there is a difference between the 2+2 model and the standard one?
I have an european TT 2+2 90 mod.

kingtal0n
Car: 240sx

I am looking to pick up a spare set of 300ZX Rear wheel bearings 1.81" but rockauto and others still sell the 1.69" as incorrectly labelled and I can't seem to find the correct versions. Any new updates for this, does anyone know where to get the correct wheel bearings?

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”