Rear upper arm for Q45?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
tubesguy2

Hi folks -

As part of my continuing effort to replace every dang suspension part on my '91 Q, my attention has been directed to my driver's side rear upper control arm. I asked for a visual inspection of the subframe bushings, thinking that they may be the cause of my vibration on acceleration from rest. I was told that they looked okay, but that the inboard attachment on that upper arm may be bad.

I did a search, and I've been a diligent reader of the forum for months, but I've never seen any mention of this particular part being or going bad. I know SPL makes replacements for the Z32, but I also know that this part is not listed in Joe's online catalog for the Q. For that matter, the part illustrations don't show such a part for the Q.

So, has anyone had to replace the bushing, if it exists, or the arm itself, and, if so, can you direct me to a source? Thanks in advance - Pat

Mark86T
Car: 96 Q45, 86 Z31T, 01 Ford Ranger, 77 280z

I replaced my front & rear upper control arms with ones from my 96 Z32 TT. The rear ones I have are Stillen. They are solid (never needing replacement) and adjustable (camber) for when you lower your Q. I also used the solid/adjustable tension rods from my TT. Sorry I have no pictures of the rear suspension. Changing them was a breeze.

tubesguy2

Thanks Mark -

Did you replace just because you had the parts, or did you have any kind of problem in the rear?

I looked for aftermarket parts and I have a number of choices, including Nismo, Stillen, SPL, and one or two others.

This car is like George Washington's hatchet. - Pat

Mark86T
Car: 96 Q45, 86 Z31T, 01 Ford Ranger, 77 280z

I replaced them cuz I had them & also cuz when I put on the Eibachs & Tokico blues my alignment wasn't so good. They fixed everything. They also tightened up the car a lot. I also have urethane sub frame bushings from the Z32. My car is tight but still rides very nicely. Nothing harsh here. I even have 18" wheels with 245/40s & 255/45s. Just adds to the tight drive.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”