Rear Timing Leak Question

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Jester296

So i was told if i get the low oil pressure ses light it is very likely the dreaded rear timing cover gasket issue. Since the issue is a clogged gulley would the code reappear immediately if it had been cleared since the gulley would still be plugged? I got the code once and cleared it to get it home and it has not come back since then. Is it possible mine could have a bad oil pump causing low pressure once? Just curious so i dont dump thousands into this without really needing too. Thanks.

ca18det_boy

From what I understand that CEL will come on randomly. I have a neighbor who's light comes on once every week or two for that same issue. He's just a procrastinator and doesn't want to fix the issue. Are you planning on doing the work or are you going to have a mechanic do it? How do you drive the car and whats the mileage? Do you plan on keeping the car for awhile or are you looking to switch things up a bit?

Jester296

Its my daily with 118k on it. I just bought it 3 months ago and id like to keep it. Wouldnt be opposed to swapping for a built motor so i can add FI later which was my original plan just not this soon. Depending on the cost situation ill either go full swap or just do the work myself and keep saving up. Any idea on yhe price of a built short block swap?

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”