Rear STB for S14????

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Nismo Sr22GT
Car: College, taking care of my GF and Son, street racing, tuning cars, anything car related.

ive always wondered if this was a typo on sites about the ability to have a rear STB on a s14 chassis, i know it is possible on a s13 hatchback chassis bcs it is accessible opening the hatch, could i do the same on my 98? there is a cusco STB for sale and id like to improve my already excellent handling, i've seen it on many hondas, the STB tying together the rear inside the car, do i have to cut some carpeting to get to it?is it in that little space behind the rear seats when they fold down?(between the rear seat and the trunk)any input is greatly appreciated.oh, are polyurethane bushings any good? and what other suspension enhancers can i add on my car? i alread have a front adj STB, eibach pro kit, new KYB shocks/struts and will be getting a LSD soon from Quaife or Nismo

SWIFT_DRIFT

I know for a fact on both S13 coupes and hb's there are little carpet covered plastic pieces that snap into the wheel well interior piece. These pieces cover the strut tower. Just snap em off and bolt on the strut bar. Some trimming of the interior pieces might be required, but it's worth it. The rear interior pieces are absolutely worthless imo. On my 180, there's a good 3 inches of empty air space between the actual strut tower and interior piece. I just said to hell with it and stripped my rear. looks way better and saves a tad bit of weight too, if you're into that sort of thing. I would assume on s14's that it's pretty similar, but I don't know much about s14's. Good luck.

MaineExport
Car: Quad racing, import cars and Trucks. Hunting, fishing whatever.

Nismo SR22GT......

see the rear speakers? .... It's right under them. To access them you have to remove the rear speaker deck, the strut towers are underneath.

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”