Rear Seat Removal - Infiniti 2003 M45

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
saintside

Any one know how to remove the rear seat from a 2003 M45. I have a rattle I am trying to track down and the only way I can locate it is to remove the rear seat.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

saintside wrote:Any one know how to remove the rear seat from a 2003 M45. I have a rattle I am trying to track down and the only way I can locate it is to remove the rear seat.
Welcome to NICO!

I will look into the FSM and see if I can find something about this ...

Z

conley_jb
Car: 2003- Infniniti M45 - Sport

I can probably help here since I have my seat out as we speak while the stereo is wrapping up. I've taken it in and out several times.

To remove it though: you'll need to remove I beleive two screws which are between the top and bottom cushion. If you follow the lower seat-belt to the rear bulk head where it goes between the cushions, you will find a screw on either side (I think a 12mm), not the seat belt bolts, but two smaller ones which hold down a metal loop from the top and bottom cushion.. Remove these, then on the front side of the botom cushion there is a pair of plastic pulls (one on either side), pull these and it will release the bottom cushion. Once you do this the lower cushion comes right out, then you can remove the remaining bolts holding the top cushion in (which are all at the bootom). Fairly simple, but can take a while, especially with these directions..... it's been a month since I took the seat out so am relying on memory.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Thanks, Jon! That saves me time from having to search the FSM.

Z

P.S. I added to the title to make it better for searches.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”