Rear R33 Subframe swap into S-chassis

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
ex_rabbit

Howdy, y'all.. curious question, if anyone may be knowledgeable on the subject: found a complete rear subframe out of a R33, diff, complete brakes and axles, whole kit-kibaddle-kaboot, and curious as to if this would bolt up to a S13 chassis, the same way. I know the front can, using different mounts; if this could work on my s13, it saves me from having to do extra work when piecing the 5-lug conversion in the rear later on; also, currently finding my Silvia VLSD w/ Nismo gear ratio's a little insuffecient for my Series 2 on the highway. any light on the matter would be appreciated, thanks!

Carl H
Car: 1995 240SX SE RB30DET

identical to the s14 subframe...its gonna widen your stance due to the increased track width so be aware of that before you drop it on.
wheel to fender clearance will be a problem depending on what you're doing.
it is a good upgrade as the geometry is so much better than a s13's.

ex_rabbit

Carl H wrote:identical to the s14 subframe...its gonna widen your stance due to the increased track width so be aware of that before you drop it on.
wheel to fender clearance will be a problem depending on what you're doing.
it is a good upgrade as the geometry is so much better than a s13's.
Thanks for the info!! Sounds good,.& is nice to consider.as I was thinking about what I wanted to do regarding the wheel track, & stance. With this, not only would it make the brake upgrade easier, but also good to know I can improve that geometry. Will update if I acquire & install, thanks, chief!

schnabulator

I know that thread is 4 years old but I was hoping someone did that swap and could share his experience with us.

rob702martinez
Car: 1996 240sx, 2012 Titan

Same here. Sounds like a good idea.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”