Rear power seat switch illumination problem

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
s75052
Car: 07 Infiniti m35
16 Infiniti Q70 3.7

Greetings, I have a 07 M35 with rear power seat package. It includes the seat warmer, sliding and AV control in the rear armrest. The problem I am facing is that all the control function of rear switch is fine, but only all the illumination on switches are not working. Initially, I am wondering if the switch bulb is out, but I exchange the the rear power sunshade switch of front and rear, the rear one illumination is working, so the problem should not be on the bulb. Briefly speaking, all the switch illumination are fine, only have problem on all the switches in rear armrest, anyone had this same issue before? I'd appreciate for any input.

s75052
16 Infiniti Q70 3.7

It's resolved and done.

jiggersplat
Car: 2008 Infiniti M45x
1995 Toyota Supra TT 6-spd

What was it so other people can fix theirs if they have the same problem?

s75052
16 Infiniti Q70 3.7

After checked the power on all the possible wires and harness, the problem is caused by a snapped wire. You may refer to the FSM, firstly check the power cable on the connector, which is connecting to the switch. if no power coming, then check toward the next connector till you can find it. My broken wire is probably cut off by the center armrest when sometime fold up it.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Thanks for providing such detail!
I reckon you had to remove the rear seat completely? It appears that the harness was poorly designed and didn't provide enough slack for frequent use of the armrest. Surprising for Infiniti to do that. I have the same issue, but it's just the volume switch back there. Sometimes the arm rest has to be folded up and down again and to get the volume switch to work properly. I wonder if that is why they stopped offering this option all together?

s75052
16 Infiniti Q70 3.7

Larz wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:25 am
Thanks for providing such detail!
I reckon you had to remove the rear seat completely? It appears that the harness was poorly designed and didn't provide enough slack for frequent use of the armrest. Surprising for Infiniti to do that. I have the same issue, but it's just the volume switch back there. Sometimes the arm rest has to be folded up and down again and to get the volume switch to work properly. I wonder if that is why they stopped offering this option all together?
I cannot recall how complete I removed the rear seat, but just right side I remember.
In you case, I'm wondering the wire to volume connector is almost going to be snapped between connected and disconnected. In my opinion, You may use the same way to check the all wire status, which is connecting the switch.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”