Rear Performance Rotors

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
PowerslavePA
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD w/Platinum

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

On a Nissan GT-R or maybe even a Nissan Z.

But a weak a$$ Rogue, um no.
:rotfl :laugh: :tongue :sissies:

Looks good tho. :inoutgay:

macgiver

Ya ..keep the eyes on the tiddies NOT the face :rotflmao

p.s. :facepalm:

macgiver

ANY questions ...........??

Go see my last music video suggestion

PowerslavePA

casperfun wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:09 pm
On a Nissan GT-R or maybe even a Nissan Z.

But a weak a$$ Rogue, um no.
How about you make my car and insurance payments, THEN
you can tell me no.

I run 1200 miles week, I need good rotors.

casperfun

I’m not going to lie, I actually looked at similar rotors but decided against it.

Throughout the last decade, people usually complain about the lack of acceleration and trouble just trying to merge on the highway with a Nissan Rogue cvt.

I think oem and equivalent rotors will last just as long as performance rotors.

It’s just I don’t see people racing in Rogues, drifting, or whatever people who are into performance driving, are being seen in Rogues.

People might drive a Rogue occasionally hard on the street to test their high performance muffler setup but you still don’t need performance rotors to stop.

All I’m saying is that the Nissan Rogue is a crappy car in the performance vehicle category.

You can put a slow fat guy in expensive sneakers, it still won’t make him faster nor will it make him stop any better then regular everyday cheaper sneakers.

I also believe regular rotors will still handle high miles just as well too.

I mean if your racing your rogue, heavy on the brakes, driving on hills, or towing. Then that be justifiable for cooling I guess.

People are free to do and spend money on what they want, but when I read Nissan Rogue accompanied with performance anything, I just don’t picture those words together. No offense to the car repair industry.

As a matter of fact, throughout the introduction of the rogue back in 2008 I believe, everyone has always asked how they can increase the performance of their rogue through any type of modifications. And 99% of the responses here in the forum is that there is nothing you can do.

Instead, it always had a history as being a slow vehicle with the infamous cvt imploding transmission in this forum.

But if people want to rice up their Japanese Nissan, with high performance parts or for cosmetic looks, it’s their money, it’s just that it’s still known as a grocery mom mobile everywhere and not by the young kid racers on the street. Or that’s how I believe. Moreover, I admit I’m ignorant on the turbo version as being a high performance type of vehicle over the regular Rogue.
:werd:
Last edited by casperfun on Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PowerslavePA

I don't have any problems passing, or keeping up with traffic.
I don't race it, I have a Mustang for that. I pile the miles on
my work vehicle, AND I carry cargo. I run 70-80 MPH daily
through Ohio. This car doesn't present me with any issues
keeping up with anyone, or passing when I need to. I make six
stops to deliver 100s of thousands of dollars in merchandise.
You don't know anything, and yet you comment like you do.

There is a word for that, IGNORANT. People like you are
everywhere, like a virus...

With all that; no one should have to explain themselves, let alone to YOU, TO YOU...
You come here with your biased opinions and passive insults. You are what's wrong
with humanity. You don't even know what RICE actually means. Rice = Race Inspired
Cosmetic Enhancements. ROTORS serve an actual purpose, they're not rice, not ever.
Hub caps that make it appear to have slotted and drilled rotors, is RICE, not an actual
rotor.

casperfun

Seriously, you would think a hard working blue collared mechanic as being thick skinned.

In a nutshell. Performance parts for performance cars. Race inspired, rice inspired or performance inspired, I’m just a lowly car enthusiast not a paid professional in this industry. I don’t know the car vernacular. Just a regular shmoo here.

These are just opinions. Sorry you don’t feel that way and with me exercising my first amendment right to free speech without you being offended.

It’s called a forum for a reason and sharing of opinions.

We are here to explain and learn from each ot

So your response is to troll me? Making it personal?

To personally attack me when I have not done anything to deserve your insults.

Somebody needs a serious hug.

In the 14 years I’ve been on this forum. I’ve admit I have never been called ignorant or a Virus. I don’t know how I got a professional mechanic I assume so mad angry at me.

Ouch, you hit me where it hurts. :nutkick

Never considered myself like Covid. But oh well. :inout:

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:facepalm:
Am I going to have to break out the ban hammer again?
The image below is my opinion. Not an assessment of what was previously opined.
eec5ba43db97b5bfc6208ec98642ba5c16a831de7176b8fb73ca0e5c0b3af13e.jpg
eec5ba43db97b5bfc6208ec98642ba5c16a831de7176b8fb73ca0e5c0b3af13e.jpg (24.2 KiB) Viewed 649 times

Svtrit

How does the cost compare to standard rotors? I agree they aren’t necessary, especially on the rear, but if the cost isn’t much different, why not?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

I don't usually pull the "food chain" card, but I'm going to here.

I'll speak as I please, because my automotive knowledge exceeds yours. Feel free to question my credentials, you'll get embarrassed.

Now, before I get to my point, and in response to your micro-tantrum, this ain't Facebook. You may be used to being treated with kid gloves, but we do not suffer assclownery gladly.

If you don't like what someone posts in a reply, offer up a irrefutable counter to the previous poster. Anything less than that is weak and useless. No one gives a damn how much the crap in your cargo hold is worth (irrelevant), how many miles you drive (unrelated) or that you might own another car that you perceive to be fast. You have a Rogue with a CVT, which will ALWAYS be near the bottom of the automotive food chain. Not to worry, however - it's a commuter / delivery car, and that's respectable.

Now, to address your question, and provide you with what you came here looking for (because despite our gruffness, we're helpful): Are you running sub-200 treadwear tires on your Rogue? If not, you can have the biggest, lightest drilled / slotted rotors that will fit, with a set of full-metallic racing pads and high-temp fluid. Guess what? Your stopping distances will be the EXACT SAME.

The tires are far more important. If you're capable of engaging ABS (which you certainly are), that means you have sufficient clamping force at the rotor, but the coefficient of friction (tire on pavement) is insufficient to bring the car to a halt. Different rotors won't change that ONE IOTA. Stickier tires WILL, however. So, let's toss those skinny, likely aged all-season 400+ garbage tires for a high-performance sticky summer tire, and you're going to ensure more than adequate braking to safeguard the Hope Diamond rolling around in your cargo bay.

:)

Hope this is helpful, glad you're here.

PowerslavePA

AZhitman; I did not ask any questions to be answered, I posted some pictures,
that was all.
Rogue One wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:56 pm
:facepalm:
Am I going to have to break out the ban hammer again?
The image below is my opinion. Not an assessment of what was previously opined.
eec5ba43db97b5bfc6208ec98642ba5c16a831de7176b8fb73ca0e5c0b3af13e.jpg
You sir, are a horrible Administrator Post an image that, We will insult you,
then threaten a ban when someone does it I don't need to be anywhere
in regards to that kind of ignorance.

So, under federal copyright law (DMCA), I demand all my intellectual property;
i: Photos
ii: Originating posts, and responses.
Be removed from this site/forum.

This letter is official notification under Section 512(c) of the Digital Millennium
Copyright Act (”DMCA”); I seek the removal of the aforementioned material from this
forum. Please also be advised that law requires you, as a service provider, to remove
or disable access to my intellectual property upon receiving this notice. I request that
you immediately notify the owner and inform them of their duty to remove the material
immediately, and notify them to cease any further access to the material.

Under US law a service provider, such as yourself, enjoys immunity from a copyright lawsuit
provided that you act with deliberate speed to investigate and rectify the request. If you
do not investigate and remove or disable the material, this immunity is lost. Therefore, in
order for you to remain immune from a copyright infringement action you will need to investigate
and ultimately remove or otherwise disable the access to the aforementioned material from
your site, forum, servers; with all due speed.

Any terms of service (TOS), has not been signed, neither digitally nor written, and will
not hold up in a court of law under the DMCA regarding intellectual property.

REMOVE EVERYTHING I'VE POSTED.

If you ban me, I can still see what's here. If you do not remove my content, and I am able to
gain access to a physical address to serve legal papers, I will. You may see this as an empty
threat, but it is 100% legal and binding under the DMCA. If I get a hold of someone, I will
file suit under he DMCA to have it removed.

Svtrit

I’m sorry getting booted from the other Rogue forum didn’t teach you anything. Wow…

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

PowerslavePA wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 12:49 am
AZhitman; I did not ask any questions to be answered, I posted some pictures,
that was all.

You sir, are a horrible Administrator Post an image that, We will insult you,
then threaten a ban when someone does it I don't need to be anywhere
in regards to that kind of ignorance.

So, under federal copyright law (DMCA), I demand all my intellectual property;
i: Photos
ii: Originating posts, and responses.
Be removed from this site/forum.

Blah, Blah, Blah

REMOVE EVERYTHING I'VE POSTED.

If you ban me, I can still see what's here. If you do not remove my content, and I am able to
gain access to a physical address to serve legal papers, I will. You may see this as an empty
threat, but it is 100% legal and binding under the DMCA. If I get a hold of someone, I will
file suit under he DMCA to have it removed.
Here's a thought... How about you put your opinion of me in one hand, and fart in your other hand to see which one holds more weight.

All materials posted to the forum becomes the intellectual property of NICOclub.

You might want to get an expert to explain to you how copyright laws work, rather than copypasta something you found online.

Removal request denied.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Bring it, Princess. I've been driving this train for 22 years, and you've clearly got a lot to learn about functioning in society. Better hire a good attorney, because I've never removed content against my will. Ever.

"Intellectual property" requires unique thought and content. Adolescent tantrums, and pictures taken by other people (hosted on crappy free hosting sites) don't fall under the purview of that definition. :)

casperfun

Well this thread went downhill pretty fast. Everybody needs to take a deep breath and just chill-lax.

Let’s not be too hasty.

When RogueOne published his cartoon, I was like, hey now, what the heck did I do. I respect RogueOne and all the preceding moderators these past several years.
If RogueOne feels I should be banned, then I have no problem with that. But they did live up too that cartoon and give a verbal beatdown or a Nick Cannon Wild N’ Out shout out to power!

I’m surprised I stayed under the radar this long. I think the last time I got in trouble in here with the big man AZhitman even getting involved was when I posted the famous boy meme flipping his middle finger in a post. My explanation is that I should not be reprimanded because we are allowed to use a smiley that actually flips the middle finger. Well I guess I didn’t end up getting banned since I’m still here.

This kid powerslave has a lot of spunk. The problem with posting or texting in general is that people get misread way too often which is why some people avoid texting on the phone to prevent any misunderstanding. I’m willing to give him the benefit of a doubt.

It happens, we’re human. I been here 14 years, there’s not much to say on my Nissan Rogue which hasn’t been said already.

So I got bored, used a couple of smileys haphazardly, called the Nissan Rogue weak a$$.

In actuality I should have called it a nice upgrade and praised the accomplishment. Didn’t I say it looked good? Honestly, I probably would misread my post after being so satisfied completing my hard work and somebody said why did you put high performing rotors on a weak a$$ Rogue.

If powerslave thought I was being a dysfunctional douchebag. Hey I know dysfunctional, everyday is a holiday in my family. Crazy!

I don’t mind taking a step back, banning myself, or whatever. Less chance of playing with these smileys with a wrong post and everybody going nuclear again.

The ironic thing is in another multi-verse powerslave would actually get along with everybody and probably down a few beers with you all, not Bud Light!

….while talking about car repair and sharing stories late into the night.

Powerslave is a good kid, he actually makes decent knowledgeable contributions in here.

Hopefully, he gains some clarity and realizes in the long run helping his fellow man in any way in this world is more satisfying.

A lot of people going through economic hardships and being able to save a few dollars can be a godsend to alot of families.

It’s time for the next generation of contributors. It’s a pity he wants to leave with his treasure cove of knowledge. He would even make a great moderator some day. Like come on, he has a rocking mod name already!

My final say is to forgive and forget.

Stop the feud.

And do it for the people the American People in need who might be struggling with their cars. God Bless America!

Ps- RogueOne on your fart in one hand remark, sir you can be kinda harsh, lolz. I’ll be walking on eggshells when you be disciplining somebody in here wanting info and you telling them there’s a search box to get that answer. And they still can’t find it.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

casperfun wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:02 pm
Powerslave is a good kid, he actually makes decent knowledgeable contributions in here.

Hopefully, he gains some clarity and realizes in the long run helping his fellow man in any way in this world is more satisfying.

A lot of people going through economic hardships and being able to save a few dollars can be a godsend to alot of families.

It’s time for the next generation of contributors. It’s a pity he wants to leave with his treasure cove of knowledge. He would even make a great moderator some day. Like come on, he has a rocking mod name already!
Just for the record, Casper, the guy has a history (as I mentioned in the PM) and I happen to know from the other forum that he's no young sprout. If you can live 40 or 50 years and still be a grenade with a short fuse, people will naturally start to avoid or react to your kabooms. Hopefully getting dropped-kicked from two consecutive forums will teach him something, but at his age, I'm not hopeful. Some old dogs will learn new tricks, and some won't. Some young dogs will fetch your slippers for a treat, and some grow up mean no matter how well you treat them. People aren't really different. Often we just think we are, but that's a topic for another time. Peace, all.
:frown:

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

casperfun wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:02 pm
When RogueOne published his cartoon, I was like, hey now, what the heck did I do. I respect RogueOne and all the preceding moderators these past several years.

If RogueOne feels I should be banned, then I have no problem with that. But they did live up too that cartoon and give a verbal beatdown or a Nick Cannon Wild N’ Out shout out to power!

Ps- RogueOne on your fart in one hand remark, sir you can be kinda harsh, lolz. I’ll be walking on eggshells when you be disciplining somebody in here wanting info and you telling them there’s a search box to get that answer. And they still can’t find it.
Nah, you're good man. I may not read everything that you post, but rest assured that I have mad respect for you.

I've pretty much given up asking people to use the search feature. I know for a long time I was pretty retentive about that, for which I should be rightly called on the carpet for. I'm trying to employ a more hands-off approach, and I don't think I've asked anyone to use the search for about a year now.

Anyway, hopefully we can move forward.

P.S. Asking him to fart in his hand was the mildest thing I could think of @ 7 in the morning (I'm not a morning person LOL).

AZhitman
Administrator

^ and THIS is why I love our team.

macgiver

THE A Team :domo:

Return to “Rogue Forum”