Rear latch malfunction

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
Mudman
Car: 2008 versa

Having a weird issue with my 2008 versa hatchback. The exterior opening button will work most of the time, however it will randomly not work. When this happens if I hit the brake pedal a few times that will trigger the rear hatch to open? I've even had this happen when i hit the door unlock button on the front door. Really weird to say they least. Has anyone had this happen? Any ideas? Thanks in advance...

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Something randomly not working can be mentally attached to literally anything one can do in a car...........ever think of simply lubing the latchworks up to make it easier to pop it loose?

Mudman
Car: 2008 versa

Initially that is what I intended on doing, but when I removed the rear panel to expose the mechanism it is a sealed plastic housing. I thought about maybe just replacing the unit but it didn't make sense to me to do that because of the random activation, it seamed more electrical? It is so strange and illogical...

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

The 'sealed plastic housing' may well simply snap on, mine ('11) does.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”