Rear hatch recall

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Omahafx
Car: any outdoor activities, cars, reading

I received a call from my dealer saying that the rear hatch is being recalled on the 2003 FX35's due to bad plastic at the top (third brake area). Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with this? Most of the time, they replace the entire hatch.......sounds like a ton of work.

By the way, first time in snow.......not too bad. I was actually impressed with the ability of the FX......just another reason to love this ride.............

autotech43

Omaha, we have replaced OR repaired a few of the rear hatches on the FX vehicles. What we do is perform a pull test in several area of the rear hatch, if the hatch fails the pull test at the bottom area of the hatch, it gets replaced. At the top area as you were stating, if the trim piece is deformed, the hatch gets replaced, if the trim is not deformed, Infiniti has sent us a repair kit to repair the FX vehicles. Either way, the fix isn't that difficult to perform. We have repaired AND replaced several. What is actually going on is where they glued the outer skin of the hatch to the inner support, some of the vehicles, the glue has came loose resulting in the trim to deform. In reality as many of the FX vehicles that we have sold, the actual repair or replacing of the rear hatch has been very minimal. Have it checked at your dealer, if things are fine now, you most likely won't have any trouble with that concern later on down the road.

NISTECH

autotech43 where are you out of?

Return to “Murano Forum”