Rear Hatch Button Not Working

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
laurin1
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano LE AWD Silver

A few days ago, the button that opens the hatch (located above the license plate) stopped opening the hatch all the way. When we push it, it unlocks the hatch, but no longer opens it.

Is it broken or is this just some setting that got changed that I don't know about?

jem003

When you unlock the car from the inside, go back there and press the button to open the hatch door manually, do you here any noises?

Close all doors, go back close to the hatch button and using the remote, lock the car and then unlock the car. You should hear a sound from the actuator locking and unlocking the lock on the rear hatch! If you don't hear this, your actuator is inoperable.

Next step would be to check the fuses inside the car, on the left bottom driver side, and outside on the battery compartment. It might be just a fuse. If all fuses check ok, your actuator is most likely gone! Not an expensive fix, just time consuming!
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: TYPO

laurin1

I'm not sure I understand your reply. When I press the button ON the hatch to OPEN the hatch, it UNLOCKS the hatch and pops open, but does not open all the way, like it does when I press the hatch button on my remote, which is used to do.

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

Sounds goofy, I would get it to the dealer for a good ole warranty repair!

laurin1

Took it to the dealer and guess what? There's a Power Off button for the hatch right by the button that opens it from the inside. Ok, so why does that button work for the hatch door button, but not the inside button? Anyway, nothing is broken.

mjstro

Wow! Thanks Laurin1. I was just getting ready to head to the dealer b/c I couldn't figure out why it stopped working. Low and behold, there was the button...switched off....just like you said. Thanks for sharing this info. It saved me some hassle and probably a little cash. Thanks again.

Gallespie33
Car: 1996 NISSAN SENTRA
1996 NISSAN HARDBODY
2011 MURANO LE

Thanx for the help. This fix worked for me too. So glad I found this, made everything nice and easy. :) ;)

jrwhite1979
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue
2018 Nissan Rogue

Sounds like it was in garage mode

TinRobot
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

This happened to me, I googled and this came up and problem solved! Did not even know that button was there. THANK YOU!

Return to “Murano Forum”