Rear foglight install on a 2015 Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
jaymeg915
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue Sl AWD

I am looking to see if anyone has attempted to do a rear foglight install on a second gen Rogue. I have acquired the rear light. I wasn't sure if there is a factory OEM wiring already back there or if anyone has OEM P/N for the switch of turning it on. Any help would be appreciated as I already did a search & haven't found anything.

Thanks,

Jason

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

Nissan probably hasn't included the wiring in the USDM version. That being said, you will probably have to wire it to come on with the front fogs.

You are the first one I've heard of attempting this... But I like the idea... Can you post info about how and where you bought the rear fog lamp? Thanks!

yearoftherat
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SV AWD

The part number is 26580-ED50A. It is the same part that is available for the Juke. With that being said, a google search turns up a few online sellers of the part in question. I've got one on order (Exchange rate is brutal for us Canucks)
In regards to wiring it up, there are a few different ways. I've read that some tapped the rear lights so that it lights up on when you turn your parking lights. Some tap the rear brake light. The other option i read was a wiring harness that has a separate switch so that is mounted within the dash.
Like followingnfront said, If you want it to turn on with the front fogs, you would have to find a way to tap the existing front fog wiring.

jaymeg915

followingnfront wrote:Nissan probably hasn't included the wiring in the USDM version. That being said, you will probably have to wire it to come on with the front fogs.

You are the first one I've heard of attempting this... But I like the idea... Can you post info about how and where you bought the rear fog lamp? Thanks!
I purchased it via ebay. That's what I kinda figured. Does anyone have a schematic of where I can get a picture of foglight switch on the steering wheel column to tap into.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

jaymeg915 wrote:
followingnfront wrote:Nissan probably hasn't included the wiring in the USDM version. That being said, you will probably have to wire it to come on with the front fogs.

I purchased it via ebay. That's what I kinda figured. Does anyone have a schematic of where I can get a picture of foglight switch on the steering wheel column to tap into.
Did you download the FSM?

jaymeg915

No where do I do that @ also is it in a special section or where?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

jaymeg915 wrote:No where do I do that @ also is it in a special section or where?
HINT: There's a link in my sig line. ↓ ↓ ↓

yearoftherat

Now the fun part begins.....

frijolito
Car: Rogue (Xtrail) 2020 Advance

Fun part being getting it wired up I guess?

jaymeg915

yearoftherat wrote:Image

Now the fun part begins.....
Yes, Pleas post some pics of where u are going to wire into. I am going to wire mine into the front fogs, howver I am not sure if I need to install the relay that came with or not.

yearoftherat

Doing right like the 370Z guys

jaymeg915

Where did you score that from? CAn you send me a link to where I can purchase.... Thanks, in advance

yearoftherat

jaymeg915 wrote:Where did you score that from? CAn you send me a link to where I can purchase.... Thanks, in advance
Got it from these guys http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/12-4658.
It's not cheap (especially for us Canadians with the crappy dollar and international shipping) but makes the overall install easier and cleaner.
If you look at this thread on the juke forum http://www.jukeforums.com/forum/nissan- ... light.html ,it will give you an idea what is involved with the install.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

guys, all you had to do was route the 2 wires: (positive & negative) from the rear foglight to the front (under the car, the same way a towing kit would be) and then wire in a 4 pin relay to the foglights that are up-front. you dont need an expensive relay & button. this way your foglight switch on the steering wheel would control the rear foglight as well as the front ones.

followingnfront

Yep thats how id do it

Meynardo
Car: 2015 Rogue SL AWD

guys, all you had to do was route the 2 wires: (positive & negative) from the rear foglight to the front (under the car, the same way a towing kit would be) and then wire in a 4 pin relay to the foglights that are up-front. you dont need an expensive relay & button. this way your foglight switch on the steering wheel would control the rear foglight as well as the front ones.
The problem with this setup is you can't control when to turn on the rear fog light.
There is a reason why it's called a fog light. It's to be used when there is fog or during low visibility situations (heavy rain or snow). When you drive in great weather and the car you follow has it turned on, it's simply blinding and annoying so having control of this light is a good option. I spent the first part of my life in Europe where all cars are equipped and a lot of drivers simply misuse it.
Yes it's more expensive since you need to get a specific harness but it's also more respectful of other drivers following you. Used in the right conditions, it's perfect, it allows you to see the vehicle in front of you much sooner. Used for no reason at all, not so useful.

Just the way I feel about this fog light since I have been confronted to this kind of situation so many times. I am not sure why this is not a requirement in the US. German cars made for the American market still have it.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

The rear foglight would be controlled via the front foglights.

frijolito
Car: Rogue (Xtrail) 2020 Advance

I was thinking of getting one and changing the bulb to a less intense one and making it a third (well in our case 4th) brake light...

Meynardo
Car: 2015 Rogue SL AWD

The rear foglight would be controlled via the front foglights.
Yes that was exactly my point. By hooking it up to the front foglights (which enough people use for the wrong reason but I can live with it) you have no control over it. As soon as you turn them on, the rear light will also be on.
Now as for the setup itself, by replacing the regular filament bulb by an LED, you wouldn't even need a relay. The way I would wire it is connect the positive wire coming out from the foglight to the rear parking lights under the dash board (that way this foglight can come on only when your lights are on) and add a switch to control it. My 2015 SL still has a couple of empty spaces and a switch is cheap.
I was thinking of getting one and changing the bulb to a less intense one and making it a third (well in our case 4th) brake light...
If you want to mimic an additional brake light, you need to keep the same bulb, originally 21W (or LED equivalent).

followingnfront

For whoever either has installed this, or is going to install this on their 2nd gen Rogue, please take pics of what is entailed in actually mounting the light in the rear bumper. Thanks

Papapoil
Car: Nissan Rogue S AWD 2019

Hi everyone, I'm bringing back this old topic, because I just bought a brand new sparkling 2019 Rogue S, and I would like to install the rear fog with a separate switch and its own relay. Did anyone finally do this mod since 2015? Thanks!

Return to “Rogue Forum”