Rear deck badging 2004 Platinum Pathy

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
scottrainey
Car: 2004 Pathfinder LE 3.5L 4WD Platinum Edition

(Apologies if this is a repeat post - my original post didn't show up in my list of posts so I figured it got deleted somehow).

Anyway - my daughter got in a wreck in my beloved 2001 LE (cosmetic damage to the driver's side and the front bumper needs replacing) and my insurance company totaled it and sent me a check. I was fortunately able to find a 2004 LE in pretty nice shape (about 50,000 miles fewer than my '01) and it's the Platinum edition in canteen green. :cool:

My question is on the badging on the rear deck lid. My '01 has two badges: "LE" and "3.5," but the '04 only has the "LE" badge. Did Nissan stop putting the "3.5" badge on the back at some point? Or was it a Platinum edition thing?

I noticed that the rear deck on my 2004 might be a replacement, as there are a couple scratches on the underside near the latch and I can see red paint beneath, making me think it's possible the 3.5 badge got left off by a careless auto paint shop.

Can anyone with experience with 2004's (especially Platinum editions) clue me in? :confused:

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

The parts catalogs on Nissan Parts Deal indicates the 3.5 badge was phased out between '02 and '03. By the time '04 models were being produced, the 3.5 badge was no longer applied.

scottrainey
Car: 2004 Pathfinder LE 3.5L 4WD Platinum Edition

Awesome, thanks so much!

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”