rear control arms bad?

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
BazookaJoe
Car: 2003 QX4 & a 2016 Q70

Wondering if someone can dx this for me. If I blip the gas while driving it feels like the whole vehicle twists a little bit to the left. When I let off the gas it goes back. It's not causing me to go off course, just feels a little strange. Thanks!

04pathse
Car: 2004 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2008.5 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3

does sound like the rear trailing arms to me, there are quite a few threads on here pertaining to them, run a search.

BazookaJoe
Car: 2003 QX4 & a 2016 Q70

I searched it. It sounds like it to me, just wanted some confirmation. What would a shop charge for the upper and lowers? Then multiply that by 20% because it's CA lol.

9899pathfinder

BazookaJoe wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:24 pm
I searched it. It sounds like it to me, just wanted some confirmation. What would a shop charge for the upper and lowers? Then multiply that by 20% because it's CA lol.
Are you handy with this sort of thing? I ordered a a complete (driver & passenger) set from 1A Auto for just over $100. A friend helped me do do the job using jack stands with breaker bars to crack the bolts. An air impact would have made things much simpler. If a shop insists on OEM arms, they are about $100 apiece (x4) on the internet. Then there is labor. I think you would be looking at anywhere from 750 to a grand ... plus your 20% :chuckle: !

brickbox
Car: 2011 Nissan Pathfinder 4x4

I need to do these on my QX4. The upper control arms, especially the one on the passenger side is shot.
Any tips and/or tricks on how to do them by myself? I don't have access to an impact.

Hand tools FTW :biggrin:

BubbaFL
Car: 03 QX4

brickbox wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:45 am
I need to do these on my QX4. The upper control arms, especially the one on the passenger side is shot.
Any tips and/or tricks on how to do them by myself? I don't have access to an impact.

Hand tools FTW :biggrin:
Get an electric impact from Harbor Freight, and an angle grinder. Even on my no-rust Florida truck, I had to cut two of the bolts off.

I installed a poly split bushing kit from 4x4parts instead of replacing with the factory style rubber ones. Hopefully they'll last the remaining life of the truck.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”