Rear Bumper fix

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
dissident
Car: 2008 Rogue SL FWD

Being a new 2008 FWD Rogue SL owner (only 3 wks old) I am quite upset with a not-so-small dent in my white rogue's rear bumper. There is about 4-5 inches diameter sunken spot now in my driver's side rear bumper.

Does anyone know if this means I have to change the entire bumper (which the dealer says costs about $500-600 + $100 for installation) or is there a way I can pop the sunken spot out???? or any other advice on cheaper options please????

Jimothy12
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

I have never done this but it may work. What if you took a small sucktion cup and pull it out? Simular to how you would fix a dent in the body work.

dissident

I found a bunch of DIY websites that talked about using hair dryers to warm up the plastic bumper (which is what rogue's is) before trying to pop up the dented area. Anyone tried that yet or has any words of caution on this???

mstrmstr
Car: Venom Red ROGUE 08...and 4 others

The bumper cover just attaches with a few ez to remove pop nuts that are reuseable. Remove a few to loosen the bumper cover- place a rubber hammer just behind dent- warm the area for a few minutes(notHOT)push on bumper shell and VIOLA.. the dent is gone without paint damage.

Taking into account there is no underlying damage the bumper dents EZ and pops out just as EZ.

Check with your body shop.. if its that minor they would do it on the spot for minimal cash.
Modified by mstrmstr at 1:47 PM 10/14/2008

dissident

Thanks a lot.... I am going to the body shop and will update later.

philipa_240sx

You can pop it back out by partly removing the bumper cover and pushing from behind. It make not come completely back to shape.

How do I know this? Don't ask... it wasnt' pretty.

AznJohn22
Car: 08 Nissan Rogue

i got a small lil dent on the bottom rear bumper. it was from the screw of the car's license plate behind me. wish i could just reach in there and push it out! kinda dumb to bring it to a body shop for a lil thing.

Return to “Rogue Forum”