really really bad shaking

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
cbui1
Car: 93 j30

okay i've been content just reading these forums for a long time, but i've finally been forced to sign up and post.

So i left my car at a shop two weeks ago for a timing belt job. To my surprise i come back and basically every time the car is put in gear, Reverse, drive etc. The car shakes like mad.

Looks like the engine wants to fly off the motor mounts and out of the car like in the valvoline commericals.

First they blame a clogged catalytic converter, saying all my spark plugs were black on the driver's side bank, where the 'plugged' cat was.

Now they think it's the maf sensor and i'm getting sick of the fact that i dropped off a perfectly good running car and now it runs worse than my 18 year old toyota cressida. Any ideas guys? thanks in advance.

j30WAY
Car: 1993 Infinti J30

hey dunno if its any help, but my motor was running similar a few months back, turned out it was a faulty injector. does the engine seem like its running outta sync? if so, try disconnecting the wires connecting to the coils one by one. If you disconnect the engine should shake worse. If you disconnect a particular cylinder and there is no change in the operation, then chances are it might be a faulty injector, plug, or coil. Good luck!

NismoChi
Car: 94 J30

First thing i would do if i were you, do what ever you have to to get yourmoney back, or at least some, then kick the owner the owner or the one that "work" on your car in his nuts and run as fast as you can and never goes back. He must have mess somthing up when he didi the timeing belt, the first theing i can think of is the timing isn't set right, who know what else he did mess with when he had you car. How not smart( didn't want to use the "S" word) would you be if you keep believeing him and feeding him with your money. Start looking for a real mechanic.

cbui1
Car: 93 j30

thanks j30way i'll try that.

At first they used a goodyear belt, but then i made them get an oem. Timings at 15 degrees.

What kinda bothered me is that they moved the crank angle sensor to change the idle instead of using "consult" that i've seen on this forum many times. They also said the car was not even odb 1, which i find hard to believe.

theres an electronic way to diagnose these vehicles correct?

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”