really close to pulling the trigger...questions

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
bamaSAAB
Car: '06 M35 Liquid Platinum/Bourbon journey/nav '91 Saab 9000T, '05 Mazda3, 3 other older Saabs

I am reading very few problem posts, but I've read a couple concerning oil consumption. Is this a widespread issue? How much is "normal"? I'm not accustomed to adding oil in any of my Saabs..even at 275k. My wife's Honda has never needed any adds either (150k)How about the loose squeaky seat..did that start after a certain mileage..or should I be able to feel it on a new car? I've driven 2 and have not noticed it.What's everyone's opinion of the Sport. Is it worth the extra 2k...just how expensive are the replacement 19's (tires)? In demo driving, I can't tell much difference. I've been told the sport suspension makes the mirrors vibrate on the interstate...haven't been in a sport at high speeds.I'm about to "journey" to this new world from the once proud Saab marque...after 20+ years and many cars. In the 80's Saab was Car & Driver's sport sedan of the DECADE! How far we've fallen so fast...thanks GM!I need some honest answers about what to expect.

probable M35 journey/nav...maybe sport.

BJB
Car: 2006 M45

Greeting from Montgomery. I had an '03 M and have had my '06 non sport, journey package M for about 3 weeks and have put about 1200 miles on it. The longest trip being from Mont. to B'ham to eat at Ruth's Chris... great drive and a great meal.

I will address what I consider the important elements:

ServiceI lived in New Orleans when I purchased my '03 M and the service was superb. I have been in sales and service my entire professional career and I am extremely critical when it comes to customer service. These guys were absolute pros. My experience in Montgomery has been exactly the same.

Sales and FinanceSame here. Totally professional, extremely knowledgable and no bullsh@#.

The CarI am very happy with the car. Honestly, I did not spend a lot of time driving the competitors. This is my 3rd Infiniti and I was pretty sure that if I was going to buy a new car it would be an M. If you are looking at the 45, you will not find another car that pulls so strong from 0 to whenever you let up. To me, the handling on the non sport is all I need in a 4 door car. If I wanted to enter and exit the interstate at 120 MPH, I would buy a 911... but that's just me.

4000 lbs, great handling, break neck acceleration and lots of useful technology that makes life better in the car. I can't stand technology for the sake of technology... like ordering dog food online...just stupid.

Oil ConsumptionExcessive oil consumption is a wide spread problem with the last generation of M's. I don't know if they have corrected the problem with the '06. I have not owned mine long enough to have any personal experience on this topic.

The only other negative is resale value. These cars do not hold their value like a Lexus or BMW. I don't know why and it has always puzzled me, but if you look at used Infiniti values as compared to there competitors, Infinitis do not look good. This has never stopped me from driving them because I lease mine and do not have to worry about resale or trade in.

I have talked to people that chose a 5 series or a Lexus GS and it is usually because that car had something that the owner fell in love with... some personal preference that only that car possessed.

I don't think that you would be disappointed with the purchase of a new M.

Hope this helps.

If B'ham doesn't have what you want, talk to the guys in Montgomery. They are a small shop and seem to be eager to make a deal.

bamaSAAB
Car: '06 M35 Liquid Platinum/Bourbon journey/nav '91 Saab 9000T, '05 Mazda3, 3 other older Saabs

thanks for the quick response and info..what color is yours?

BJB

Mine is black with graphite interior.

bamaSAAB

I think I'm going with Umbria grey and graphite...was looking for a burbon interior...very hard to find...think I'll really like graphite better.Tommorrow is probably THE DAY!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

An excellent summary, BJB!

Z

bamaSAAB

Thanks for all your insights...I signed up for 39 months today...a different car came in on the truck this AM...a little strange...liquid platinum over bourbon...anyone have that ?..I like it, my wife and daughter think I'm nuts! Ill make my final decision Monday when the plastic is off etc...But I am definitely joining the club!

M35 journey, Nav 39 mos 25k/yr

BJB

BamaSAAAB... now you need to change your name

Since it's a lease, I say go for whatever color you want. You don't have to worry about resale. I liked the bourbon, but I only liked it with the black exterior. It is a dominant interior and I think it balances well with the dominant black exterior. For me, it was overpowering with the other lighter exteriors that I saw it in.

Congrats. I think that you will be happy.

bamaSAAB

as long as I have all my old Saabs...but I do need a new name for for the NICO forum...I'll be thinking about that....any suggections?

BJB

How's about "new convert" or "bourbon buzz". Enjoy your new ride. How is the dealership in B'ham?

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”