Ready to pull the motor - except for this giant electrical connector

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
AV8R_FIXR
Car: 2013 M37S

I'm almost ready to pull the engine on our 2013 M37. Except, this pita electrical connector. I've poked and prodded for over an hour, but don't want to break it.
IMG_2995.jpg
What's the secret? Some ancient japanese folklore?

EdBwoy

Push the tab in, swing the loop out.

AV8R_FIXR
Car: 2013 M37S

Finally got it to open. I was sure I was going to break it with the amount of force it took. Thanks for the help.

Now, I really don't know how the plastic square tube surrounding the harness is fastened.

I really think that engineers should spend 12 hours a day for a year taking cars apart before they are allowed to design anything. It would surely change their perspective.

Yoda's Master
Car: 2012 M56
2009 370z

AV8R_FIXR wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:54 pm
Finally got it to open. I was sure I was going to break it with the amount of force it took. Thanks for the help.

Now, I really don't know how the plastic square tube surrounding the harness is fastened.

I really think that engineers should spend 12 hours a day for a year taking cars apart before they are allowed to design anything. It would surely change their perspective.
Glad you got it apart without breaking it.

I'm sure the engineers already do that. I actually like these connectors for the size of the plug that you're connecting. The lock takes out the work of plugging/unplugging it and keeping it watertight. Try imagine how many clips around the connector will be needed to secure the connector and how much force will be required to unplug it.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”