Ready to give in on my 93 Vert

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
missy1
Car: 1993 240 SX convertible SE trim

I thought I had more money and smarts to do this; I don't have either. I want to sell my 93 convertible. It's definitely a project car. Rough condition. It starts and runs. I've replaced shocks and struts, battery, CD player, trunk lid struts, and had a brand new top installed last year. Otherwise everything is original. The roof motor works, but the frame broke in two places.That was the last straw! What doesn't work: AC, cruise, radio and power antenna, right rear quarter window, odometer. Other wear and tear throughout; the usual.

blkvrtswp
Car: 93 240SX Convertible
SR20DET FP 20G Turbo

Sorry it hasn't gone your way. Sounds like you had a good start on resurrecting it. You type in full sentences with punctuation :chuckle: so you obviously have enough smarts you just need more resources like advice from NICO. We can help you fix it if you have any interest left.

Where did the frame break? Does it stay latched closed ok enough to drive?

Pictures would help, and also location and your asking price. Craigslist and Facebook 240SX groups are the best way to sell now days.

Good luck!

missy1
Car: 1993 240 SX convertible SE trim

I will post some photos. I have no idea what asking price; there are not many to compare to.
The frame broke last summer, a few months after I had the roof installed. I think it probably was weak and the tension in the new material just took its toll.
Yes, it is closed and latched, but I'm afraid to open it again. I store it outside; makes a nice yard ornament, and landmark for anyone trying to find the house!

blkvrtswp
Car: 93 240SX Convertible
SR20DET FP 20G Turbo

Well, if the vert has a new top, ok paint, typical interior issues like door panels separating and seat wear, no rust or body damage, you should be right around $2500. Fresh paint, wheels, etc could add a bit but not much. Broken top frame could subtract a bit but again not a huge amount.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”