Ready to be BOGGLED?? Please.. HELP

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
DanStan
Car: 91 Nissa Stanza

Ok so here goes. I bought a stanza for 300$ then I bought another stanza for 600$ and drove that one 400 miles to home luckily without blowing up as a bomb. I made one Stanza out of the two and the one I've got ironed out to one remaining issue.

So far have done a full emission removal, replaced head and gasket, replaced carrier bearing that was seized for 400+ miles, new TPS, to much to list.... but here is the issue that persists. It surges... did on the 400 mile trip... has not stoped yet... not the normal surge... It is an front wheel drive automatic KA24E.

With the ignition power on (engine off) and I move throttle i hear a buzz from the top mounted¿ :wtf2: transmission pan(noticed when setting tps voltage). Seems when it surges the transmission makes a buzz noise.. not sure if the two correlate or not.

Sometimes going up a hill it is hard to go over 40 mph due to when it is surging it seems to almost get stuck in the surge fit and lose a lot of power.

The transmission and engine were replaced at some point and they both seem in good shape and always shifts fine EXCEPT sometimes it does not want to hit overdrive(but only sometimes?? Maybe when cold fluid?).

I do have an exhaust leak before the O2 which I intend to address and correct tomorrow(luck be with me)... Could this be the entire issue?

Any suggestions or assistance would be Greatly appreciated.

I want to get this fixed... a lot of effort into this car for my wife but it surges to bad for me to let her drive it.

DanStan

Also I keep reading about wiring splices in the same year of TRUCKS... Stanza have this problem as well? Need I take my engine harness apart? I will. :ohno:

Z Car Barbie
Car: 2010 Rogue Krom
1984 300ZX Turbo
1982 280ZX

Have you already ruled out the spark plugs and ensured the plug wires are in the correct position? It's very easy to miss this if you're not familiar with the firing order, as Nissan is a bit unique compared to domestic vehicles. Also, what brand/type of spark plugs are installed on the car?

DanStan

Grew my knowledge mostly on hondas and dodges but It is all like sleepwalking for me OTHER than this automatic stuff and machine work. It is wired correctly with new cap and wires and I cleaned rotor. It has NGK in it which are factory choice for most imports if I am correct with that. It is a very odd problem. Would not be supprized if nobody has encountered it before as I seem to get everything that can be odd thrown at me >_< but yay for experience. Also anyone know if there is a spark control module on this car other than in the dist? There is some sort of lil grey box on other side of coil bracket that I am rather unsure of what it does. Possibly try changing that as well just to rule it out. I do have two of everything.. haha.

DanStan

Ok nevermind about the spark control module I googled it and its the same thing I thought it was. Going to change that as well.

DanStan

Ok so the rain here today is crazy. Possibly will not get exhaust fixed but I did forget to mention something that could be vital info to some.

In open loop it surges waaaay worse almost even stalling sometimes. Closed loop it still surges but not as bad.

Thanks again for support in this issue.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”