Read this before posting.

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

To all who are going to post in the online mechanic...

If you are new here, welcome to NICO forums... This is easily the best place to get information about any infiniti.... Please follow a few guidelines before making a post here, these are here to make it easier for us to answer question and it allows you to find answers faster.

1. Search the forums first. To search, click the search button on the top of your screen.....

Search in the "POST BODIES" and search in RECENT CONTENT and ARCHIVED CONTENT. After many months of inactivity, threads are archived into a seperate database to make the server faster. Unfortunately it takes an extra 5 minutes and about 4 extra clicks to search both recent

2. If searching does not work, then post a thread. Make sure you tell us that you searched! If you dont tell us, we'll know you didnt read this!!

3. Please be thorough when describing problems. "My car wont start, i tried turning the key" wont cut it. Be specific about your problem, when you noticed that it started (or if it has always done this), if it happens intermittently, if you can reproduce it, etc.

4. For vibrations and things of the sort (shimmies, odd noises, etc) please let us know when that happens, IE if you can reproduce it under a no load condition (engine in park or neutral), if it happens when accelerating, braking, etc....

5. If you need a FSM (factory service manual) please post and I will be happy to send you one. If you just want specific pages, i can post them... I can also look up any factory part numbers.

6. post any work that has been done to the car and any maintenance history.. it is best to be as thorough as possible, even though you think it may not have anything to do with a problem, it may. For instance even improperly executed oil changes can cause MAF sensor issues.

7. Please be fairly specific in the title of your thread so that it makes finding information for later users later.

If everyone follows these guidelines we will have no problems and everyone will be able to solve their problems!

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”