Re-vamping of my interior - Part 1

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
x240xdrifter
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

Hey guys,

I decided in the winter of our discontent, i would do some interior work while i had the chance. I have been putting it off for some time, and since im broke and cant really accomplish other tasks i would like to do to the car, i decided to work on the interior. I have started with re-clothing the door panels and glove box which need it badly! i decided to go with a diamond fabric - chocolate and irish green. Which is a really goofy odd choice for a red car, but i had a hunch it would look nice with a black interior and so forth. So i order fabric and got down to doing it. heres some pics:

here is the glove box after finishing it:

Heres the glove box installed and passenger door panel finished. i have still yet to do the driver's side.:

I know whatcha thinking, way too much contrast, but i can assure you it looks much better in person. The crappy camera im using with the flash makes it look 10x brighter then it really is and in real life its actually green and brown, much like golf socks lol. I like it alot, and its a bit out there and over the top but i am satisfied. I debating to do the shift boot in the same fabric or just order a new one from redlinegoods. I will also be replacing broken trim, and the dashlights with L.E.D.s and maybe seats soon! More pics will come as more projects unleash.

Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

You know I hate the material, but what matters is that you did a very nice job on the actual wrapping of the material. Good job man! I look forward to seeing what else you do.

Toby

x240xdrifter

thanks man, ya the material takes some getting use to, and its not exactly what i had in mind when i ordered the fabric, i was hoping for something unique but not too contrasting. the flash makes it so washed out, so it looks alot worse then it is. I think it will look better when the interior is all said and done. The beauty of this mod is that if I grow tired or dislike it when its all said and done, i can redo it with something else lol.

AZ89two4Tsx
Car: 2017 VW GTI, 14 Honda CBR650F

I failed miserably when I tried re-upholstering my door panels. Is there some secret I don't know about? Anyways, odd fabric choice, but I think it looks kinda cool.

Nice job!

Bruno
Car: 2008 M35x

Very, very nice workmanship.

billz015
Car: 98 Sentra GXE

That looks very nice man, good job.

Pardon my newbish question but what did you do to get the fabric to stick so neatly?

x240xdrifter

billz015 wrote:That looks very nice man, good job.

Pardon my newbish question but what did you do to get the fabric to stick so neatly?
thanks for the kind words guys. as for your question, it takes time. I spent about an hour on each panel. You cut the size sheet you need, spray the panel with quality adhesive and you start in the middle and work your way out. The corners are the tough part which require alot of stretching and pulling while you apply the fabric to make it smooth. Mine aren't perfect but as good as it gets i guess. I might redo the passengers side.

billz015
Car: 98 Sentra GXE

x240xdrifter wrote:
thanks for the kind words guys. as for your question, it takes time. I spent about an hour on each panel. You cut the size sheet you need, spray the panel with quality adhesive and you start in the middle and work your way out. The corners are the tough part which require alot of stretching and pulling while you apply the fabric to make it smooth. Mine aren't perfect but as good as it gets i guess. I might redo the passengers side.
Sounds tedious, but easy enough. Thanks for explaining that lol

What are your plans for the rest of your interior out of curiosity?

OneJay
Car: Lexus SC300

Haha cool pattern. It actually turned out pretty nice.

x240xdrifter

billz015 wrote:
Sounds tedious, but easy enough. Thanks for explaining that lol

What are your plans for the rest of your interior out of curiosity?
I will be replacing every crack/broken panel piece inside the car, granted there is only a couple, i have an ignition key light to install that glows green, i will be installing a new headunit and maybe new speakers. I would love to get bucket seats as i track the car but its also my daily, so i want something nice. I also will have a gauge set up soon, but im working on my SR project, so it will be awhile till those go in.
OneJay wrote:Haha cool pattern. It actually turned out pretty nice.
thanks, it really grows on me. You really need to see it in its true color. looks a million times better. these pics were taken at night, and the flash washed out the colors making it look to bright and ugly. I'll deff. have to take some d ay shots

Stripes
Car: hatch, coupe

I like it! It's always good seeing someone do something different. I really want to see some non flash shots of this stuff man. You've got me thinking of all kinds of materials I could use now hahaha.

x240xdrifter

Heres a non flash picture of the door panel, for some reason it still washes out, there is alot more color in person, and looks much better imo. Now yes it a bit of a contrast but i really like it. If you take your time, doing it is very easy, I actually had alot of fun doing it. I have also replaced every broken trim piece with mint ones. I also replaced the lights in the gauge cluster, used a plastic polish on the cluster plastic, worked beautifully. I had alot of scratches and blemishes and the polish cleared it all away. I was amazed. my cluster looks brand new now. Pics will soon follow!

Broadfield
Car: 1992 240sx

Nice toes!

x240xdrifter

Broadfield wrote:Nice toes!
those arent toes!, they are sausage links!!

abrahams600
Car: 1990 Taurus SHO

With a red car I would have done a Vans type black and white or black and red fabric.... Good work though...

I know it's been done before but there's a company called eurodyne that came out with a CF type fabric that's really easy to use... it's been use all over in the e90 forums...

Here's a tip on black interiors... I always use black shoe wax or polish to keep my interior looking like new...

Wc240
Car: 89 240
97 200sx
91 240 ka-t
06 scion xb
2000 frontier

very nice job on the wrapping/install. im not personally extatic bout the marerial, but, intirior is for YOU. F### anyone who hates. its a personal touch for your personal taste

Return to “Interiors”