Re: Datsun 720 king cab RWD tray measurements

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Daneshemlowski
Car: 1984 Datsun 720 kingcab ute

Hey I'm looking at getting the flat bed tray measurements for the 1984 720 king cab RWD, I'm about to build the tray and can't find any specs on it, all help is welcome thabks

waynosworld

We didn't really get trays/flatbeds over here in the USA, if a 720 has one, the owner of said truck likely made his own from scratch, or found it on another truck and made it fit.

Daneshemlowski

Yer was just hoping that someone might have made one already and could give me the measurements for it to make it a little easier

waynosworld

I understand, the only tray/flatbed I have is on a dually, and that would do you no good, I actually went to the DMV(division of motor vehicles) and asked what the legal width was for a dually and light requirements, I was surprised that I didn't need all the lights that the manufacturers put on there dually trucks.
Personally I think that flatbeds/trays that the rear wheels are deep under the flatbed look weird, I made mine so the outer tire sidewall just tucked inside the side rail of the bed side.
This is one of my loads of wood.
Daneshemlowski wrote:Yer was just hoping that someone might have made one already and could give me the measurements for it to make it a little easier

Daneshemlowski

Yer might give that a shot then, thanks mate.. We got a 720 kingcab and have pretty much stripped the whole thing and are re-building it, custom dash, flat bed tray (like a 1tonner), rb25 turbo with forge pistons, and I think it's just going to be a flat black in colour, I'll get some photos of the build so far and make a thread of it

Return to “Datsun 720”