rb26dett powered 510

Discussion forum for the venerable 510, and its non-US counterparts, the Datsun 1600 and Bluebird.
CrashGordon

Hello, I have a RB26DETT sitting on a stand in my shop, and am wanting to put it in a older nissan/datsun. I was wondering if this swap has been done on a 510 before, and if there are any pics of it. I figure that this motor is very similar to that of a 240z in size, and weight, and i know that that swap has been done many times. I want to Tub the rear end out with a back-half 4 link kit, and put an auto trans behind the motor and create a really quick drag car (hopefully low 9's)

Any info would be greately appreciated.

datsunboy
Car: Datsuns

I have heard of a RB26DETT in a 510 with all the 4WD running gear somewhere in Australia.although...I have NEVER seen pictures or talked to anyone who has for confirmation.I would love to see the same swap done!dunno about the whole 4 link rear and auto box thing tho.but thats all personal preference

Nurv
Car: performance engineering, rc cars, beer, tits

Its been a while since I was under the hood of a 510 but that would be a tight fit I would imagine as the last RB26 install I performed on a US S14 240sx. Now that was close but that car's owner wanted to retain a"stock" look. Nothing stock about a rb26 under the hood of that car. lol...Anyways. You might want to search other forums as there is few members following the 510 forums. try http://www.hybridz.org

-Mike

BB Turbo
Car: 2007 Nissan Titan KC, 1992 Nissan 240sx Coupe

hybridz.org= very nice site. I just spent like an hour there looking through their forums. Well informed/educated people there.

compression

the 510 engine bay is short. Any staight-6 install is going to require a whole lot of cutting to the firewall. The tunnel would also have to be enlarged, in fact it would probably shift your gas pedal over underneath your brake pedal.You would probably be better off making a tube frame car and grafting the 510 shell onto it.The 510 unibody is not stiff, it would need a full cage that ties into your suspension/differential points.You are looking at a hell of a project, the kind of project that people get burned out on and let it sit. I dont know what your background is, but you better be a good fabricator.Go for it.

Return to “Datsun 510 / Bluebird”