RB26DETT Idle Issue

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
cdmertz
Car: 1990 Nissan GTR

Hi all,

Recently I have swapped a newer rb26 from an r33 gtr into my r32 gtr after my last motor scorched the cylinder walls tremendously. I have done countless hours of research at work and at home trying to resolve the reason for why my motor doesn't want to stay at idle. It feels like it is trying to "suffocate" itself from air. It is getting desired fuel pressure, and it is getting spark, timing is in specification, and all of my electrical connections are good.
What I have done so far:
Performed countless smoke tests resolving vacuum issues which led me to the following-
Nitto Intake gasket set from the head to the manifold
Replaced misc vacuum lines that were leaking
Resolved my wastegates being stuck closed

But for now, the car sounds like it just is not getting any air at all! I have been chasing down this issue for about 2 months now and I have retraced all of my steps while reading this forum and sau. Has anyone had a similar issue, or can give me any ideas of what could possibly be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance!

ArmedAviator
Car: 2012 M37x

Have you checked for proper operation of the throttle body?

Spinnanz
Car: NM350rx Four

Did you use your r32 inlet manifold?

Spinnanz
Car: NM350rx Four

As far as I'm aware the r33 engine is exactly the same, except for the oil pump collar drive. So should be a straight swap.

fergyr31
Car: R31 Skyline GTS-X and GTS-R

Chris brought his car down to "The Shop" in Houston for us to look at. After some rigorous troubleshooting and misdiagnosing a fuel pressure regulator, we finally found the problem. Two of the in-tank hoses had holes in them preventing the fuel system from building the proper fuel pressure. 25 year old car problems as they say...... Just glad we got the car fixed for him.

M35Squirrel
Car: 1990 GT-R, 2011 M37

Interesting... So OP said it was getting desired fuel pressure, was it not tested with a gauge?

BTW what days of a week are you at "The Shop?"

fergyr31
Car: R31 Skyline GTS-X and GTS-R

I can be at the shop just about any given day. Just have to coordinate it around my day job right now.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”