Rb26 + AEM EMS

A place to discuss the systems and methods of tuning Nissan engines.
Nesquick
Car: Rb26 Kouki Silvia

so im about to buy a ems from a guy, but he is selling a "24 tooth wheel" with it.

he says that the aem ems doesnt work very well with the stock cam sensor with 360 teeth, and that having this 24-tooth wheel installed on it "is a MUST".

now i havnt heard anything about that before, but maybe someone else has. any insight?

Sil240

Check on the AEM EMS Forums

Bluefire

this is true... Its hit and miss with the aem ems being able to properly work with the nissan 360 degree wheel. The 24-tooth wheel usually fixes the problem

Booztd 3
Car: 1990 Nissan 300ZX TT

Depends on your CAS

Some came with a Hitachi CAS, and some came with a Mitsubishi CAS. Most everyone with the hitachi CAS has seen problems with timing drifting in the higher RPMS. Basically the AEM box cant interpret all 360 teeth when it gets into the higher RPMS. The 24 tooth wheel eliminates the timing drift when installed

I'm *hoping* to go to the dyno on friday, and because of that, Im going to error on the side of caution and install the wheel on my Mitsu CAS, provided I can get it apart. They are a big b**** to get out. The process is made alot easier with the use of a press

FWIW....all AEM 1600 boxes are now shipped with the new 24tooth wheel in the box

Nesquick
Car: Rb26 Kouki Silvia

sorry for reviving an old thread, but better than starting new one.

the CAS on my 26 is a mitsu. how many people have had problems with the mitsu not working?
i know the Hitachi CAS does not always work.

should i just change the disk anyways? dont really want to if i dont need to....

s13_maniacs
Car: 240sx Coupe

Nesquick wrote:sorry for reviving an old thread, but better than starting new one.

the CAS on my 26 is a mitsu. how many people have had problems with the mitsu not working?
i know the Hitachi CAS does not always work.

should i just change the disk anyways? dont really want to if i dont need to....

if you have a mitsu cas just call AEM and they will give you a free disc for your car if the previous owner of your ems didn't get one if not its like 22 bucks but you have to call them directly not a dealer all they will ask you for is the ecu serial number (not the part number) to make sure someone hasn't use the free disk yet....and to answer the problem with the cas is like they said earlier is a hit and miss but I had the issue with 3 mitsu cas and decided to stop missing and start hitting lol

Return to “Engine Tuning”