Rb25det

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Unreal240

I know all these people are saying yeah the RB will work in the 240sx. Then others aying it wont and saying t hinders the weigh balance (some even say it make the balance more even). Anyway what do you think about the RB25DET swap. Yea you may have done it and you probably got ubber power from it. But do u spin your tire on launches? And does the power get to the ground easily or did you have to get use to spinning tire or something like that? Or does a LSD help ifthey come with one or if yu added one?:help

Jason

christopher
Car: music, cars, my girl

I don't have one at all but I think that all of the issues people have with the swap are all dependant on how you plan to drive it. If all you do is drag and need good acceleration off the line and high power then wheel spin is of chief concern. If you are building a show car who really cares about wheelspin. I have not yet met someone who roadraces the rb series engine and there is probably a reason for that. Controllability must be a concern

Unreal240

Yea the RB engines mut be hard to controll. But some people have done it and are very happy with it. I will probably be using this car for drag and daily drive.

Snarlynx

I made a post just like this... check the "conflicting info" thread.

9ball
Car: gamb|ing at pool

I'm sure it'll work just fine. The biggest factor is cost, and that most that come from Japan aren't exactly new engines. The mileage may be low, but the miles (km) are much harder than in the states. It's a powerful engine but it's not so powerful that you won't be able to put it to the pavement. If you can find a good deal on an RB25DET then go for it, but expense is probably the biggest thing to deal with.

s14brent
Car: 07frontier 4x4 6spd!

****....for a grand more, im goin rb25. no im not making it a drag car, i just want a stupid fast daily driver.

Powashiftin

NightXCZ77 wrote:Who thinks $3250 is too much to pay for a RB25DET clip? I think that's a pretty good deal and that's all I charge....

Night

Is that for a Clip or a motorset? Explain please.... Thank you

BlockHead

Thats for the front clip, its all on his website http://240Skyline.nissanpower.com

Blazin Hondas
Car: Working on stuff

In my opinion, which at times doesn't matter, for road racing, you control the car not the engine, if balance is close to the same and you get used to the car, you can control it. Use you butt to feel, and the right foot for power. Look at the Vette. I know its got some differences, but its the point, lots of power and a fairly light car, if you dont know what your doing on a road course your guna have a wild ride. Same goes for the RB.

Imissmyturbo
Car: Car's, Turbo's, sking

I am not sure which thread to jump into but I have read all of them on the RB forum and there isn't a need for another one.

I was at first considering doing an SR swap. Then I wanted to build my KA. After much doing some thinking I would really like to stick with a factory turbo setup so I went back to the SR idea. Then I looked in the RB forum for the fun of it and now I want to do an RB25DET swap. Anyways I have a few Questions about it1. What would the RB25DET swap in my 92 240 SE run on the 1/4? I am talking stock IC and boost. Just intake + DP + exhaust? The engine is rated at 250 HP stock so I would assume low 14's high 13's.

2. What does the stock R33 Skyline weight? And what are it's performance specs? 1/4, 0-60 times?I have found the weight in metric #'s but that means nothing to me.

I got alot more swap questions that I am sure Night can answer once I contact him to buy the clip + parts.

BlockHead

why did you choose the R33 GT-R LSD over like a Kaaz diff or another aftermarket diff?

BlockHead

ok well that makes since, How much can you get me one for? And what is the ratio on the R33 LSD...wait is it 1.5 or 2-way? Also can you help a buddy of mine out with info on doing a swap cuz he needs to talk to someone and you know your stuff. His email address is [email protected]. Thanks Bro.

BlockHead

sweet, half of that kinda went over my head but I understand.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”