RB25DET Swaps/Prices, Pictures

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Unreal240

Hey, I am really intrested in doing a RB25DET swap(maybe RB20DET if the RB25DET doesn't workoutfor some reason). Anyway my main question is: how hard is the RB25DET to maintain(I am guessing all the RB engnes are pretty similar mantienece wise). Also is it easy to find parts for the RB engines if smething breaks? And does anyone know of anyone or a store in Tampa or around Tampa that can do a RB swap?

Jason

And why the f*uck does it say "drives mom's car" under my name?:confused: :mad:

s14brent
Car: 07frontier 4x4 6spd!

thats my main concern also. what happens when you need new water pump, timing belt etc? i dont think the 300zx ones would work with this one. and people say it wont be streetable, but i've seen a r33 owner in las vegas drive it around slightly modified and not complaining. then theres that question about handling. shouldnt it handle fine? sorry for all the questions. i'm just really intrested before i blow money on a sr20, and then wish i had a rb25det

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

The RBs are a dram engine to work on. Tons of room to play with. Alot of parts will work from other Nissans, such as the plugs from a 300zx. If you change the oil and have enough fuel for the amount of boost your going to run they'll last forever.

WD

WDRacing

"And why the f*uck does it say "drives mom's car" under my name? "

It could say, Driving Your Mom or Still Riding Short Bus.

WD

s14brent
Car: 07frontier 4x4 6spd!

cool, how about timing belt, fuel pump, water pump, head gasket?

WDRacing

Actually, I have a connection over here in Japan that will order and ship stock parts. She works at the hobby shop here on base. You tell her the part and the motor type. She looks around all the usual local shops for who has the best price. She's also a certified mechanic, so you can't BS her.

As far as easy to change goes, Once you've modified the front split cover, the timing belt, tensioners, waterpump and cam gears are easily taken on and off.

The head gasket is pretty straight forward. Basically the same as any over head cam engine. Just put the motor at TDC and remove all the bolts securing the head to the block, you just have to watch out for the 3 10mm bolts on the corners. They need to come out first.

There is a ton of good info on http://www.Skylinesdownunder.com

WD

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

you mean the girl at courtney?

WDRacing

themadscientist wrote:you mean the girl at courtney?

Girl on Kadena...I think her name is Ann, its been awhile since I've been in there. She was talking to me about having a few people in Europe she was helping out. Sounded like a connection I wanted to keep.

WD

Scott McLellan

It says you are driving mom's car 'cause of the number of posts u have made. i just made my "status" go up a little :)

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”