RB25DET S2 Greddy Copy Manifold Pipes

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Chargrin
Car: Skyline R32 Sedan

I know there is a DIY thread about this but the pictures no longer seem to be there, I just had a few questions on installing a "Freddy" manifold onto my S2 RB25DET.

So my questions are: Can I connect the turbo water feed or return (?) coming around the back of the block (D) onto the Tee coming out beside the thermostat spout (A) or is (B) better to use?

Can I just block off that rear Tee (B) with a bolt clamped into a short hose otherwise?

Does the other pipe coming out of the AAC valve (C) go into a bung welded into the boost piping before the throttle body? Assuming this is what they refer to as the "cold start pipe" ?

Is it true that if I'm putting this engine into an R32 Sedan, that I'll need to change my clutch master cylinder to the shorter R33 master cylinder to clear the new manifold?
I plan to relocate the battery to give me flexibility on the best spot to holesaw for the intercooler piping, as I'll be keeping stock throttle body using an adapter so it will sit even further forward.

Not sure on a better way to host these images, suggestions are welcome and hopefully Imgur works

Labelled photos in question: http://imgur.com/a/T1vY8

Cheers for any help!

ca18det_boy

Chargrin wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:29 pm

So my questions are: Can I connect the turbo water feed or return (?) coming around the back of the block (D) onto the Tee coming out beside the thermostat spout (A) or is (B) better to use?

Can I just block off that rear Tee (B) with a bolt clamped into a short hose otherwise?

Does the other pipe coming out of the AAC valve (C) go into a bung welded into the boost piping before the throttle body? Assuming this is what they refer to as the "cold start pipe" ?

Is it true that if I'm putting this engine into an R32 Sedan, that I'll need to change my clutch master cylinder to the shorter R33 master cylinder to clear the new manifold?
I plan to relocate the battery to give me flexibility on the best spot to holesaw for the intercooler piping, as I'll be keeping stock throttle body using an adapter so it will sit even further forward.

Not sure on a better way to host these images, suggestions are welcome and hopefully Imgur works

Labelled photos in question: http://imgur.com/a/T1vY8

Cheers for any help!
This is how I have mine ran and I haven't had any issues to date....

Use (A) for the feed to the turbo, cap off (B), and yes (C) goes to IC cold pipe for idle purposes. Not too sure about the master cylinder clearance. Go slow and try it and report back. This is the first I've heard about the issue on a 32.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”