Rb25det + Rb30e

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
tacoman123

Just curious..I am from the 2GNT community (second generation non-turbo Talon and Eclipses, http://www.2gnt.com). There, we found a new approach, where we took a 2.4L block, took the bottom end of it, and swapped just the bottom end of the 2.4L in place of the 2.0L.

Now, say if I get the RB25DET. Then, later on, can I get the bottom end of the RB30E and swap it in, in-place of the RB25DET? Now, I can have a RB30DET. Can I use the same tranny (RWD)? And will the bell housing of the RB25DET bolt-on, onto the RB30E bottom end?

Also, would I have to run a lower compression? I think it was the meggala site, where I was reading that the RB25DET and the RB30E both have the same compression, so I figured I could keep the stock compression. But are the pistons on the 30 "built" like the ones on the 25?

Oh yeah, by the way.. I was reading about going from RB30E -> RB30DET (taking the head off one of the DOHC motors, and replacing the SOHC head). I was wondering if you could swap the bottom end.

Thanks

~Tacoman

dan240
Car: killing stealth R/T and camaros

that would be orgasmic, but what kinda motor mounts would we use? and which crossmember would we use? i'm not sure the physical dimensions of the RB30, but it may play a factor in it. Can anyone shed light on this? I've read some other threads regarding this, but havent seen any conclusive results.

Regards,Carson

meggala

ok the trans bolts up fine you need to keep you fly wheel the rb 30 e or et do not have the oil squirters that the 20,25 ,26 have to cool the pistons these motors and very strong and very reliable 600 hp with forged pistons is very doable.a compression drop would be advatagoius if you want to run over 14 psi and you would need a bigger turbo to make it worth while and yes as night said they sit to high in the s13 chassis.ok the rb 30 in australia has run a 9.20 1/4 mile in a gm car called a holden commodore and the rb 30det has run a 9.4 in a skyline to show you the kind of potential these motors have the 9.2 was doen with the single cam variant but the development to this point was very dear 30-50k to give you and idea and they run autos generally power glides and trans brakes.so the potential is there for some chevy kicking stuff.

just dont think it will be cheap to build or set up.personally I think your better doing the rb 25 or 26 the 26 internal fit in both block. as the rev higher and clean 7 k rpm with out aftermarket riods is the norm for the rb 30 varainets.

meggala

tacoman123

I was set on the RB30.. no replacement for displacement ;-) ..

But... will it work on a S14 chassis? Or would that still be too high?

And meggala.. I see you are a very trusted member here.. do you think you can find me a front clip of this (RB30ET) ? I heard these are much cheaper than a RB25DET or a RB30DET..

Just wondering.. thanks for the info guys..

~Tacoman

meggala

yep I can get you a whole engine and box no front clips you really wouldnt want one they but mounts etc I would recommmend going after market managment though to be saferead through this to give you an idea of the car they came from http://www.fullboost.com.au/ca....html then look throguh the site http://www.fullboost.com .au

I can also get one for you full rebuiilt if your interested

just motor and box think 2-3 k USfor a fully rebuilt one with decnt internals thing 4-5k with a box these are only guides I will provvide quotes it you dont get scared buy these prices.meggala there is a link with my email on my site

Siddhartha
Car: cars computers women martial arts

Psssssh, you thought Meggs would leave ya hangin'? Naw, Meggs comes through ten times outta ten . . .

wow, rb30de, gonna need custom mounts and xmember I presume.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”