RB25DET NEO power cut in 3rd gear at 4k rpm

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
epikkvanilla
Car: 2001 Nissan Stagea WC34

Hi all

So i have an rb25 det neo in my nissan stagea c34 and am getting power cut in 3rd gear at exactly 4k rpm.

its stock turbo, stock boost, practically bone stock engine.
it seemed to be since i installed a catch can but i have tried reverting it and its still doing it, i have put a 255 walbro fuel pump in and its still doing it.
then i blocked the pcv (catch can has a breather so shouldnt increase crank case pressure) and still doing it.
i have checked vacuum lines for any splits ans cant find any, i have changed spark plugs, i have checked the maf and seems ok.

Im pretty sure its not boost related as i tried a slow pull in 3rd without hitting boost and still does the same thing.

I only does it in 3rd, all other gears are perfect, i can rev past 4k at idle and with my foot on clutch but in 3rd gear.
I have tried to power through it but it completely cuts all power until the car slows and rpm drops to around 3.75k, then it accelorates again and cuts at 4k again.

i am going to convert coil packs to R8 ones soon but is there anything else at all that this could be?! its driving me insane

Thanks! :wtf2:

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”