Rb25det maf problem, need help

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
RbLovee8
Car: 95 Nissian S14 Rb25det

Hey I have a 95 s14 Rb25det with a rs Enthalpy tuned 300zx ecu, my car is having a maf problem, here is a video of what is currently doing. Any input will help

Thank you Brandan

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0jy7lJQ ... t31ug#Home

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Welcome!
Just an FYI that others like myself may be unwilling to sign in and download something like this, too much hassle and potential problems just to look at your video. Youtube seems to be the best way to go with this kind of thing (showing a problem via video).

In an effort to help, I myself would be using the fsm to do tests to determine the MAF is functioning and solidly connected (corrosion), and cleaning the MAF with cleaner. Should that fail then on to more detailed tests and perhaps a MAF swap as they aren't that expensive (I keep extras for my Z32 myself) to ensure that doesn't solve the problem. I recently had some idle issues pop up, and only after the above then a lot of tests did I decide to check my air filters...which I mistakenly thought I'd cleaned far more recently, but had not. 30 minutes spent cleaning/servicing both filters and a minor idle mixture tweak fixed me right up when it seemed I might have a far larger problem.
ECU checks certainly don't hurt since you are running an aftermarket ecu, as well as your tune just in case...and which would have been my next step.
Pretty basic I know, good luck and should this not help DO post a better video somewhere more easily accessed.

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”