RB25DET in a 240???

Discuss the RB20, RB25 and RB26 series engines.
Snarlynx

I know what one you're talking about. The thing is the new one would be more accurate right?

AznRide
Car: Cars, hondas, import cars, girls, cars, girls, girls, and more beautiful girls.

the new one that you're talking about is a V6, not a V8. They are totally 2 different engines. Like the comparision between B series and D series or the B series to a K series engines. That's just for honda 4 bangers spec though, but you get the idea.

SteveC UKSX
Car: S13 CA18DET

Heres a comparison from the UK point of view between the CA18 and RB25.

My S13:CA18DET, 1809cc, DOHC Bodgesport Chip444cc GTR InjectorsLightened FlywheelPipercross Induction KitCold Air Box With Cold Air FeedsT28 TurboHKS EVC Boost Controller (16psi max)HKS Sequential Blow Off ValveHKS ‘S’ spec Front Mount IntercoolerNGK colder '7' grade Spark PlugsSE-Nissan 64mm Down PipeHKS Hyper Muffler ExhaustElectric FansMocal Oil Cooler190lph fuel pump

290bhp at the fly

My good friends S13:RB25DETStock turbo - 10psiStock boostBlitz NUR exhaust3" downpipeSub-Zero plenumLarger throttle bodyApexi InductionHKS Type S FMIC190lph fuel pumpelectric fans

305bhp at the fly

The RB is more or less a straight fit if you use the skyline crossmember, slight mods are needed for the gearbox cross member. Its the loom wiring which is a b1tch.When he gets round to chucking on a bigger and stronger turbo (getting rid of the crappy ceramic blades) and increases the boost he should be looking at a nice easy 350+bhp, where I'm looking at a total engine rebuild to squeeze much more out of mine (safely).

AznRide
Car: Cars, hondas, import cars, girls, cars, girls, girls, and more beautiful girls.

What are the crossmembers?

pampadori

the cross member is what the mounts bolt to on the chassis. it actually unbolts fromt he car too. you need a skyline cross member.shaun

AznRide

do you have aim or something pampadori. I would love to chat with you because your knowledge is more than mine and if you won't mind teaching me a little. TTYL

pampadori

pampadori is my aim name

AznRide

Oh, i don't think you website works neither.

Onizuka
Car: 91 coupe w/s13 SR20DET 89 hatch w/s14 SR20DE

Top Speed Coupe wrote:GO RB! Don't let these people talk you down! Do you want to goto the races and say I beat you cuz I got a SR or o you want to say I RAPED YOU PUNK BUTT with my RB! I don't know about you but I Like to rape the competition.

As far as the swap. Motor bolts directly up. The tranny mount needs to be fitted a little. The RB mount is farther back then to KA tranny. Good Luck.

stop talking out your a$$....-the motor does not bolt directly up. (you need a r33 crossmember i think)-it IS harder to install than the sr20 and CA18 (allthough night does seem to have a pretty good method for puting it in, involves lifting the whole car up and installing from underneath)-how bad you beat your compitition only has to do with how much money you throw at your car and how skilled you are.

you are right about the tranny mount though....:D

Return to “RB20DET / RB25DET / RB26DETT Forum”